Connecting 2 Phones

elan2s

Reaction score
On my 2019 C8 with MIB-2 and standard MMI I was able to connect 2 phones simultaneously and both phones would automatically connect each time I was in the car with both phones, I would get a pop up on the upper MMI screen telling me they were connecting and what features were activated. On my 2021 C8 with MIB-3 and again the standard MMI, whilst I can still (it seems) have 2 phones connected simultaneously only one auto connects and to get the second to connect I need to go into the Connected Devices screen and manually connect the second device. There also is no longer the option in the DIS (or MMI for that matter) to easily switch between devices, you always need to go to the Connected Devices screen, although it does seem to automatically switch if the "hidden" phone receives an incoming call. I have only just noticed this recently as start to do some business journeys again and have a separate phone for work. Wondering if others have noticed this and if I am doing something wrong in how I am pairing the phones with the car

Obdeleven contains a customisation to enable second phone support- could it possibly be related to this not being enabled in the newer model by default, and that you would need to enable it through a customisation?

Attachments

• A95766EF-C40F-44E4-928A-11E76E8EB1EF.png
    A95766EF-C40F-44E4-928A-11E76E8EB1EF.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 90