connecting a samsung to play audio

linford-quattro

Reaction score
hoping someone can point me in a direction. i have a 57 plate a5. and ive no way of playing music through my phone. there's something in the glove box that has a usb lead coming out of it. i tried my phone charger lead in that which is a usb to micro usb to connect my phone (samsung) and i doesnt recognise it. theres no aux either. I need to play music through my phone its a matter of life or death for me this.
i thought it would have dab but it doesnt so im abit peed of at the min.

or if no one knows how I can connect my phone. does anyone know how much id be looking at to get it upgraded to DAB

Look for Tune2air if you have ami

just done a google of it the cables look like £130 call me tight but don't want to splash that just for music (not yet anyway) a friend gave me a transmitter that plugs in the cig lighter and into you're phone, tune you're radio into a certain frequency and it picks up what's on you're phone. messing about I know but it worked"

I have a 57 plate audi a5, no navi, no aux usb ... i have no ideea what memory card to buy, i give it a search and people sayd 4 gb SD (no XC, or HD) but i didn't find any, maybe i should try to museum.
I'm looking to upgrade the multimedia system with Navi, what do you guys recommend? Thanx

What head unit do you have? If you've got concert or symphony, does the button under radio say "CD/SD" or "Media"?

If it's CD/SD then you don't have an aux port on the back and can't easily add Bluetooth, USB or AMI capability.

If it says Media then you can add one of these Amazon product

You'll need to remove the head unit to plug it in and connect live and ground wires, and then someone with a VAG-COM cable to enable it in your head unit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Then you'll need to buy a new headunit. You can get one from eBay for £75-90 which has the media button.

It's probably the easiest and cheapest option that doesn't require doing crazy things like integrating a raspberry pi with bluetooth into the existing one.

Then you'll need to buy a new headunit. You can get one from eBay for £75-90 which has the media button.

It's probably the easiest and cheapest option that doesn't require doing crazy things like integrating a raspberry pi with bluetooth into the existing one.

So i just need the headunit ? Not the whole thing? Screen, all buttons from hearbox cover ?!
I found this -> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A5-...5:g:nDkAAOSwOyJas3zh:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Thing is i don't need navi, just the sd reader to be more ... from this century, to support sd cards with XC/HS

Last edited:
Just the headunit as it's essentially an upgraded version of the one you have. Best way is to check the part number (slight difference from concert to Symphony) and then just compare the numbers on eBay.

One more thing you need: an unlock code for your new headunit. There are sellers on eBay that will provide you with one for £5.

So to recap:
- check what radio part number you have and purchase replacement from eBay that has "media" button.
- purchase Bluetooth adapter (if you just want 3.5mm/USB then they're cheaper)
- purchase unlock code for your new head unit
- replace and install new components
- enable aux using VAG-COM in your new head unit

Just the headunit as it's essentially an upgraded version of the one you have. Best way is to check the part number (slight difference from concert to Symphony) and then just compare the numbers on eBay.

One more thing you need: an unlock code for your new headunit. There are sellers on eBay that will provide you with one for £5.

So to recap:
- check what radio part number you have and purchase replacement from eBay that has "media" button.
- purchase Bluetooth adapter (if you just want 3.5mm/USB then they're cheaper)
- purchase unlock code for your new head unit
- replace and install new components
- enable aux using VAG-COM in your new head unit

You are a star, i'm on my way to see what part number i have on mine and i will come back with a reply

No worries. I'm going through the same process on mine - frustrating that we have to do all of this just to play music from a phone, but it's worth it to make the most of our car audio system

I don't have the tools to open the headunit atm but it's from a 2007 Audi A5 2.7 Tdi, no sat nav, no aux
I took A pic, maybe it will help. (I share the pic on your profile)