Considering a 2012 Q5 (2.0 with Premium Plus)

spartacus_33

Reaction score
First of all let me confess.... I'm a Bimmer guy traditionally... but have been unimpressed lately with the direction they have gone.
I'm considering a 2012 Q5 2.0 with Premium Plus, and right off the bat, the salesman offered me 3% off MSRP.

I'll probably lease. Can anyone advise on any pitfalls of these models and/or Audi leasing.

They have one coming that is due the end of this month. I asked about a towing package and they said that could be done at Port for $800. That sounds a bit steep. Anyone have this done by "others"... such as Uhaul?

Thanks,
Steve

​Hi Steve, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Well... I got them to throw in the towing package... on a 3.2.... turned out to be almost 5% off MSRP in the end!

I AM SO PUMPED!!!!

That's good news, good result!

Likewise, other than the X5 I dont like any of BMW's other X car offerings. The 3 isn't a beautiful car, and the 1 is just as horrible as the 1 series hatchback we get over here.

Seeing a lot of Q5's around here lately, probably replacing Land Rover Discoverys as I'm seeing far less of hem about. As this is a horsey part of the world with numerous stud farms there's a lot of towing going on, and single track back roads to navigate.

Be interested to see what you think of it.

I waited patiently for the all new 3 series (2012) and was disappointed. I really tried to like the X3, but they have them priced too high. They do look better than their first version... but still a little weird to me. Love the X5, but more size than I need and way too pricey.

Warren,

I have to say... I'm VERY disappointed in the activity on this forum. Maybe I'm spoiled with the BMW and Jeep sites... but I can't seem to find an Audi site where there are many people with opinions. I've watched "other's" threads here and they seem to get no action either.

Is there an Audi site somewhere that I haven't found where people actually participate. I tried www.myaudiq5.com and it seems to be even less active than this one. :think:

Warren,

I have to say... I'm VERY disappointed in the activity on this forum. Maybe I'm spoiled with the BMW and Jeep sites... but I can't seem to find an Audi site where there are many people with opinions. I've watched "other's" threads here and they seem to get no action either.

Is there an Audi site somewhere that I haven't found where people actually participate. I tried www.myaudiq5.com and it seems to be even less active than this one. :think:

This is a personal opinion, and it could be horribly wrong, but I tend to find the more expensive an Audi is, the less prolific the posting rate is.

The more expensive the cars seem to become, people are less likely to modify or join for community so they only tend to end up on sites like this when something goes wrong. Quite a lot of the people on this site are either serial modifiers or have car issues, and the Q5 is too new to fit in either category.

I don't find Audi forums particularly high posting, so in terms of a Q5 community I think you may struggle until there are more out there and they've had a bit more shelf life. Apologies, no help to you at all I'm afraid.

This is a personal opinion, and it could be horribly wrong, but I tend to find the more expensive an Audi is, the less prolific the posting rate is.

The more expensive the cars seem to become, people are less likely to modify or join for community so they only tend to end up on sites like this when something goes wrong. Quite a lot of the people on this site are either serial modifiers or have car issues, and the Q5 is too new to fit in either category.

I don't find Audi forums particularly high posting, so in terms of a Q5 community I think you may struggle until there are more out there and they've had a bit more shelf life. Apologies, no help to you at all I'm afraid.

You may be right. This is my first Audi, so I can't say. I've had 2 - BMWs (one 3 series and two 5 series). The 5s were more expensive than my Q and the activity on the bimmerfest forums was GREAT. Perhaps the BMW community is just more enthusiastic/passionate?
Lots of good information on discussion forums... just can't find much conversation on the Qs. I'll keep looking. :icon_thumright: