Considering a vinyl wrap of my A6 Avant..is it worth it??

Crossmax

Reaction score
Have a 2009 A6 Avant which was an import from the UK, high mileage but looked after. Lots of stone chips on the front and bonnett. Been given ridiculous quotes on a respray so now am considering a vinyl wrap. Anyone out there have it done, if so what are the pro's and con's. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Peter

My step dad had his RCZ wrapped in matt black from dark grey. Pros its very durable, only needs water to clean it, just peels off with a good bit of heat (heat gun or hairdryer), its cheaper than a respray and it adds an added layer of protection and you can have whatever design/colour you want.

Cons - its cost money lol, make sure you go to a reputable place that does it., 9/10 they will have a gallery showing off the work they did. From doing a lot of research on it for my step dad I found that everyone only used 3M vinyl wraps as they are the best and normally come with a 10 year guarentee.

Hey A6JP. Thanks for getting back to me. I took my car in for a quote, for a very basic black wrap the garage are asking €1200 which roughly converts to £1025. Don't know should I just save up the cash and get a full respray. The front just has lots of stone chips and marks...other than that the car has general scratches and marks from daily use....really no idea what to do!!

Have you tried wet sanding the scratches and a machine polish? Ok, you won't be able to do that on the stone chips, but a front-end respray won't cost that much.

My car is wrapped pearlescent white some parts of the car left black.

Pros:
Protects paint underneath if company has prepared the car properly.
Looks good.
Have any colour/finish you like.
It's reversible.
Cheaper than a respray.

Cons:
Stone chips are a nightmare and can peel parts of the wrap slightly and can't be touched up.
Still not cheap.
Doesn't always have a nice finish like paint.
Doesn't last forever.
Chips stand out more than on paint.

Hope this helps

If you wrap over stone chips - you get a wrap that shows up the stone chips.

That price you have quoted is not only basic, its probably with poor quality materials that wont last more than a few years.

Reactions: sliced and James.B8
Whereabouts are you? We can do this for this just under £1000 using 3M 1080p wrap or Hexis 20000 wrap (Hexis slightly more expensive but in our opinion better to work with than the 3M - That's just the brand that most people have heard of!). We are based in Hampshire. Thanks