Considering an RS3...

knobby

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Firstly going to look at an RS3 on Monday...

A bit about me.. I'm a bit of a VAG nut, had quite a few Golfs.. Ranging from a Golf Rallye to three R32's, I currently own a Golf GTD but been dreaming about a Golf R for the past year since i'm not doing so many miles, driven one and enjoyed it but thought it needed more power so convinced myself I would get one and get it remapped. Been looking for the past 6 months ish for the right one, considered used and new but just haven't bitten the bullet. Got really close to going ahead with one recently but with the MK7 Golf on the horizon the residual value being offered has dropped making it too expensive to finance, its just not enough car to justify the added expense.

What next, I thought I'd look at S3's, which I had kinda of dismissed before because it on par with the Golf R just more common, sorry like a Rare car!

So I was having a day dream looking around at what else was available, looking at silly cars and the RS3 popped up. At first I didn't think it was going to be an option, but with high residual value its within budget. Found a good deal on one, and the finance works out so off to view it on Monday.

Anything I need to look out for? Any advice would be welcome. I can't find service costs anywhere, any info would help.

Cheers

Knobby..

If you can afford to buy one,you dont need to worry about anything else..

You wont regret it.you will want to be driving it all the time.

Here's mine.

audi-rs3-hatchback-2-5t-fsi-rs3-quattro-5dr-s-tronic-2100943124-640x480.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
Stunning... Totally Stunning.. The one i'm looking at is the same colour. My GTD is Candy White, I'm a big fan!

Just buy one and then you'll know...

RS3 in blue

Reactions: discostu49
Right, that's my mind made up. Next car to replace the 8L S3 = Blue 8P RS3.

Perhaps I shouldn't have cancelled my deposit after all!!!!

Right, that's my mind made up. Next car to replace the 8L S3 = Blue 8P RS3.

Perhaps I shouldn't have cancelled my deposit after all!!!!

For me, the RS3 does everything: it's ****** quick, comfortable (std, heated seats), and it's not in your face; I love the anonymity - not many other road users know what it is…

And the noise, oh my God, that wonderful 5-pot exhaust noise on hard acceleration …

However, I would have liked a sunshine roof (as my S3).

Last edited:
Like Knobby, I'm lookiing to switch my current Golf R for a new car and the RS3 is not much more to finance than a new R, due to it's much higher residual value than the R.

The RS3 also has Nav as standard.

So I'm currently exporing the best deals on a new RS3 and best finance options. What sort of discounts are dealers giving at the moment ?

Any advice on must have options ? I prefer to keep them to a minimum !

Cheers

Knobby,jcs356 & JonnyG......have either of you taken the plunge,and joined the club yet.

As the saying goes..Just do it.

Test drove the RS3 this morning.. WOW... stunning car. Put a deposit down as soon as I got back to the dealership. Hopefully pick it up this week.

Some pictures I took this morning.

Jan 2012, 3200 miles,1 owner, pretty much a brand new car. The previous owner was a pensioner. Its a standard car, only has Auto lights as an option I believe. The standard spec of the RS3 is perfect for me, with the Golf R (30k ish std) I was considering I'd have to have added 3-5k worth of options to get it to the same spec, but for 5k more for an RS3 i'm getting much more!

The misses loved the white, it was my 2nd colour choice but I do like the Black on White look.

2012-08-27153516.png

2012-08-27152502.png

2012-08-27084241.png

Last edited:
Reactions: discostu49
Test drove the RS3 this morning.. WOW... stunning car. Put a deposit down as soon as I got back to the dealership. Hopefully pick it up this week.

Some pictures I took this morning.

Jan 2012, 3200 miles,1 owner, pretty much a brand new car. The previous owner was a pensioner. Its a standard car, only has Auto lights as an option I believe. The standard spec of the RS3 is perfect for me, with the Golf R (30k ish std) I was considering I'd have to have added 3-5k worth of options to get it to the same spec, but for 5k more for an RS3 i'm getting much more!

The misses loved the white, it was my 2nd colour choice but I do like the Black on White look.

2012-08-27084221.jpg

2012-08-27084241.jpg

2012-08-27084525.jpg

cheap rs3 at that price

Go steady knobby, I'm a (67-year old) pensioner, too.

Attachments

• P1000798xx.jpg
    P1000798xx.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Looks fantastic ... congrats on your purchase !!

Let us know how you get on at pickup and lots of photos please

I've just put a deposit down on a new Daytona Grey RS3

They had one in my local showroom and the dealer matched both the best discount I'd seen and PX price for my current car.

Basic spec, but that suits me on the finance side

Should be collecting end of next week all being well ... can't wait !

I've just put a deposit down on a new Daytona Grey RS3

They had one in my local showroom and the dealer matched both the best discount I'd seen and PX price for my current car.

Basic spec, but that suits me on the finance side

Should be collecting end of next week all being well ... can't wait !

Well done... You will not regret it.. They are completely stunning! Quickest car i've ever owned.

Well the RS3 finally turned up at 5pm on Friday. The dealer delivered it to the wrong address which was highly frustrating when you spent all day at work waiting for it (not being able to do anything due to being like a big kid and mega excited), went and met the driver at the wrong address.

Anyway.. Took it out straight away for a spin.. First thing I noticed was the fact it was reporting 33 Mpg from the 165 delivery miles which I was pleasantly surprised to see. It was pretty much empty so went to fill it up and then it was out onto some exciting local roads.. Straight away you can tell the car is very very easy to drive very fast but I still hadn't had the chance to open her up.

I came up behind a couple of cars, one was a super mini with a granny at the wheel with a BMW 330 behind it, I peaked my nose out to see if anything was coming, which made the 330 react and overtake straight away, the road is really straight so I followed the BMW and then as he pulled in I thought i'd take him too which I don't think he liked as he continued to accelerate hard, I responded by mashing the accelerator to the floor, the DSG kicked down, picked up very very quickly as I left the BMW behind. I took a glance at the speedo I bounced along the bumpy B road and was doing silly speed for the road. Was completely shocked and a little scared to tell the truth, I don't think I really understood how fast this car was. Its what I needed to give it 100% respect. By this point it was 6pm and the roads were very busy so I took it home to show the misses, we went out for a slowish drive, and a potter around town. Around town its a little bumpy, but our local roads are in very poor condition. So nothing to complain about, would say very similar in ride compared to a 32.

The car was covered in flies from the delivery miles so washed it first thing on Saturday. Normally by this point I find all the scratches, knocks, dents etc but the car is in perfect condition. I certainly found a perfect car, am very happy!

Popped out for another drive and this time managed to have a proper play. The roads were nice and quiet, turned the Sport button on and straight in Sport mode on the DSG, around the twisties its very very quick, all the loads on power on tap to pull you out of corners, and great stopping power by the massive brakes. The Sport mode on DSG is a little lazy to get going with but then as soon as you start pushing it, it seems to respond which is nice because in my R32 DSG it was full on all the time but this seems to react to how you want to drive.

Had a bit of rain today, perfect conditions to test out the launch control. Does just what it says on the tin, f**ks off very quickly, the car doesn't seem to bog down so much as the 32 used to. Sounds ace too!

All in all, It's a completely stunning car. So pleased I went for this over the Golf R..

A few pictures.. sorry raining today..

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

Spot on knobby; I find that mine does this too; even with me (a pensioner!) driving.

P1010156x

Where's Knobby......... out driving suppose.

When you reset your MPG, reckon you're be down to 21-24 by the sounds of it.

The thrill is worth every penny tho..eh Knobby.