Considering this RS3 any thoughts/advice ?

Only one thought: DO IT! Why wait? What's money for? Enjoy it! This life you have is NOT a practice session! DO IT!

Reactions: CHEZ and Kelza
You can't go wrong with an RS3, it's an epic car, but I'm not keen on black especiallymwithnthose wheels.

i think it would be a pain to shift on in the future also.

just my opinion of course ;-)

Having seen a lot of Rs3's up close (recent meet) i would have to say the best looking car in my opinion is the Daytona with the aluminium pack giving it just the right amount of highlights.
Mines white and i love the colour, but i think it needs the black accents just to give it that extra.

Black for me doesn't do it as the detail of the car is lost. Having said that, if it were to have red accents on the grill, handles, spoiler, diffuser etc, it would compliment the wheels and look awesme.

And thats my 2 cents.............

You can't go wrong with an RS3, it's an epic car, but I'm not keen on black especiallymwithnthose wheels.

i think it would be a pain to shift on in the future also.

just my opinion of course ;-)

I wouldn't let the alloys put you off. You can buy a new set of wheels quite cheaply if need be.

Reactions: 45bvtc
I like the marmite wheels....! But only on a red car, with black optics! the accents should match the car colour or it looks wrong.. But then a lot would say the wheels look wrong anyway.. I would say, though, if you like it - get it, sod everyone else!

I wouldn't let the alloys put you off. You can buy a new set of wheels quite cheaply if need be.
DO NOT let the wheels put you off! Agreeing with dbm, if you don't like the wheels then here's an option:

JP Alloys in Cannock can refurbish an Audi RS3 19-inch wheel to base specification for £70 plus the dreaded VAT - check on-line for current prices.

JP Alloys price includes: the removal of the tyre, stripping off the original paint/lacquer, repaint to original colour, diamond cut, re-lacquer, tyre re-fit with new valve and balance.

I can vouch (from own experience: Audi A2, TT, and S3 wheels) for first class work from JP Alloys, and they now provide a collect and return service.

Reactions: klauster and quattro81
Thanks Chaps, I must admit that Black isn't my first choice, and same with the wheels (but the dealer has said something could be done with them) However these cars are thin on the ground i missed one at stockport Audi in Daytona Grey last week, it took only a couple of days to sell !!
But this car does have Bucket seats which is a bonus and the dealer seems to sell a lot of high end cars, may go have a look tomorrow.

I phoned four dealers who had cars listed to sell before securing the one I ended up with; every one had been sold before I even had a chance to see the car. In fact I actually bought my car unseen, undriven :)

It was worth it.

Thanks Chaps, I must admit that Black isn't my first choice, and same with the wheels (but the dealer has said something could be done with them) However these cars are thin on the ground i missed one at stockport Audi in Daytona Grey last week, it took only a couple of days to sell !!
But this car does have Bucket seats which is a bonus and the dealer seems to sell a lot of high end cars, may go have a look tomorrow.

Mine is black with the alu pack and although I'd probably have preferred grey, the spec was the selling point for me and I like the black/alu effect. Not got buckets and for me that's fine with a toddler and new baby (soon) - I need to be reminded of what they're experiencing in the back, but I think that otherwise they're essential and may invest in the future. As has already been said, the wheels can easily be modified/changed. Go. Buy!

Reactions: klauster
DO NOT let the wheels put you off! Agreeing with dbm, if you don't like the wheels then here's an option:

JP Alloys in Cannock can refurbish an Audi RS3 19-inch wheel to base specification for £70 plus the dreaded VAT - check on-line for current prices.

JP Alloys price includes: the removal of the tyre, stripping off the original paint/lacquer, repaint to original colour, diamond cut, re-lacquer, tyre re-fit with new valve and balance.

I can vouch (from own experience: Audi A2, TT, and S3 wheels) for first class work from JP Alloys, and they now provide a collect and return service.
thats a good shout....:thumbsup:

An even better suggestion.... Find someone that would do a swap !

black wasn't my first choice, having had black cars twice before the RS3, I fancied a change, but these cars are low on the ground and the spec was as important to me as the colour, so sometimes you have to compromise.

I disagree with people above, black looks the dogs ballz but it really needs the aluminium pack for it to work... mine looks very aggressive and ace when clean, it just needs cleaning lots!

Looks a good spec, particularly with the bucket seats, not keen on the wheels myself and would look better IMHO with the standard titanium alloys like this one :

1024px-Black_Audi_RS3_fr_2011.jpg

Last edited:
I have photobucket but the above are off a website ... most forums allow the second link
format ?

Brakes are still squeal free thanks John :arco: ... now done 8000 miles too, so over 5000 with your fix and still working well !:applaus:

Looks a good spec, particularly with the bucket seats, not keen on the wheels myself and would look better IMHO with the standard titanium alloys like this one :

1024px-Black_Audi_RS3_fr_2011.jpg

That's really nice; subtle power and all that, a proper Q-car...

Well done Jon, and yours with quiet braking too! Satisfying (for me) news :salute:

Hi guys where the mirror colours a factory option as i see alot of black ,few white ,red,mirror caps ,rather than the silver ...

I agree about the wheels, post #18 standard looks better.

Imho the RS3 looks stunning in any colour but i don’t think the indoor lighting is doing that Black RS3 in the showroom any favors, the photos are very poor.

Ps: this is gorgeous :icon_thumright:
RS30776_zpsd47f46b1.jpg

Decided to keep looking and the RS3 is now sold.

Are you checking Autotrader, there are 19 listed, this is one of them, got a great spec including buckets.

Its in Keighley West Yorks, which isn't a million miles from Cheshire! (No its not mine nor do i know who it is) Just a nice car.

Daytona

Last edited:
Yes I've seen that one, few things i'm not keen on and not only to do with the car.

Yeah I wouldn't waste your time going to the Keighley garage haha