Constant window misting

Mollygoogle

Reaction score
Hi All,

2011 A7. The windows mist up all of the time. During a journey, if it is even slightly cooler outside, I have to regularly but the window demisters back on. I have the HVAC set to AUTO. Cabin filter was replaced a few weeks ago. Demisting takes longer than I would expect too.

Is anyone else having the same issues? I can't believe it is normal. It has never happened in any other Audi I've had, the opposite in fact.

You will probably find the seals around the frameless windows/doors are probably past it’s best or you have a leak somewhere.
check the carpets for damp and use something like liquid moly gummi pledge on the door and window seals.

You will probably find the seals around the frameless windows/doors are probably past it’s best or you have a leak somewhere.
check the carpets for damp and use something like liquid moly gummi pledge on the door and window seals.
Thanks for that. Carpets are fine, no sign of any leaks.
I didn’t consider the pillarless doors as they’ve never been a problem on any other car I’ve owned with them. I’ll check the seals and give the Liqui-Moly a try. Thanks

Thanks for that. Carpets are fine, no sign of any leaks.
I didn’t consider the pillarless doors as they’ve never been a problem on any other car I’ve owned with them. I’ll check the seals and give the Liqui-Moly a try. Thanks
From old Subarus to new minis I’ve always had that issue with frameless doors. The rubber goes a bit flat over time so needs either puffed back out or needs something like gummi pledge to rejuvenate them.

Reactions: Mollygoogle
From old Subarus to new minis I’ve always had that issue with frameless doors. The rubber goes a bit flat over time so needs either puffed back out or needs something like gummi pledge to rejuvenate them.
How odd. I’ve had several Subarus and have a convertible Astra, all pillarless, never a problem.
This car has had very little use from new however so that could be related

How odd. I’ve had several Subarus and have a convertible Astra, all pillarless, never a problem.
This car has had very little use from new however so that could be related
Rubber dries and perishes with age. It’s like old skin needs moisturiser :wink:

Misting happens all the time whenever I have the AC switched off (2016 S7) I’ve always considered it normal as one of its functions is to act as a dehumidifier when it’s running, which is one reason Audi recommend it’s always on.

if there is no obvious damp within the car then I would consider getting the AC serviced/checked over - unless you’ve already done that. At the age it’s at, it’s due a refresh :hi:

Reactions: AlS3BE
I suppose another way to look at it is the seals are very good and the moisture/wetness you bring into the car doesn’t get out

Reactions: RAF_S7