Continental Headlights?

lasagne33

Reaction score
I am taking my A4 Cabrio 1st registered in March 2005 to Germany. I need continental headlights and I can't decipher which ones to get, it seems the ones offered on Ebay fall into 3 main categories but even this changes:

B6 - 2000 - 2004
B6 - 2004 - 2007
B6 - 2005 - 2007

The pictures all look the same to me and as they are quite pricey I'd like to get the right ones first time. Also I keep seeing the words 'pre-facelift' and 'post facelift'. Which one do I have or how do I tell?

Thanks

If it was registered on 1st March 05 then it will be a B6.

I always thought that if you were ever to travel abroad you could change the headlight beam by plugging VAGCOM in to change it the other way!

I always thought that if you were ever to travel abroad you could change the headlight beam by plugging VAGCOM in to change it the other way!

Ooohhh, another reason to get VAG-COM right there! Thanks for the tip.

they are only adjustable through vag-com if u have xenon plus headlights otherwise it is manual adjustment only

Thanks everyone for the help, I called Audi (who won't give me the part numbers - no surprises), they want £202 each light. Does the cabrio have different headlights to other A4s or are they the same. If anyone has part numbers this would help greatly in identifying the correct lights TIA

Thanks James, can you tell me a little bit more i.e. what is different about them? Thanks Dave G

Its not really my field of expertise, but I think the reflector design inside is different, and I think they also mount differently. If you look at a cabby front the grille is part of the bumper, whereas on the saloon/avant it's part of the bonnet.