Control Arm Kits S4 B5...? Confusing!

vipinsx

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and the S4 B5 ownership! I own a 1999 S4 B5 (In the UK).
I'm looking to replace all control arms front with a full kit. Having a bit of a problem choosing-
I've heard good things about 034Motorsport and also Meyle HD and it's between those two. I would prefer Meyle HD but before I go and order anything I'm a bit confused as they don't state they do a kit for an S4 and they only do one kit for the A4 B5's in general, whereas 034Motorsport has THREE kits, one with aluminum uprights, one with steel uprights and one as a 'generic' upgraded one I assume? Doesn't say what the last one is for. Oh, and the 034Motorsport kits are on backorder in America and to get them over here will take a few months.

Questions are- 1. Do the A4 and S4 control arms fit each other and are the same? So the Meyle HD ones would fit regardless? And 2. Does it matter if I get steel or aluminum uprights? E.g. swapping them over, or is there a preferred one to get regardless of what my car is?
I'm still yet to check if I have steel or aluminum uprights as I'm with the car, but I'll be checking with a magnet very soon over the next few days, but want to sort out what I'm looking for.
So what kits should I look out for if they are steel? And what kits if they are aluminum? And will the Meyle HD's fit both as there is only one kit available from them?

Thanks so much! :)

I would forget about Meyle and go Lemforder, they cost a little bit more but will last much longer, as they were the OEM arm for Audi, and even today you will still see where Lemfoder grind the Audi part number & logo for the arms as they are not allowed to sell them with Audi's logo still on the arms. https://aftermarket.zf.com/go/en/lemfoerder/catalogs/#/