Conversion to S Line Black Edition - Build Thread, Pics and Questions.

jafar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trying to convert my Audi A3 (8P2) 2009 to look like the Black Edition models, the A3 8P Black Edition Models was not available/sold here in our country, even the S-Line models of the 8P came from the local dealer without the original S Line frontBumper, rear Diffuser and roof top spoiler, it just came with the regular SE Bumper and back diffuser and without a roof top spoiler (Not like EU and US Models), some of them has the Votex package.

However, I decided to convert my 8P to look like the European S Line Black edition models from the outside.

I have started with retrofitting a few things, but I need your help and advise to continue because I feel that I'm missing a few things here.

Let me start with showing you what I've achieved until now, I will start from the beginning.

10 months ago, when I picked the car from this car seller, the car was in it original state, no modifications at all (instead of the parrot bluetooth unit that I have kicked out 1 month ago)

FullSizeRender%204_zpsuu1d7pfi.jpg

IMG_0494_zpsvgaktfk6.jpg

IMG_0495_zpscfz6kdm9.jpg

After receiving the car, the first Retrofit was the original Bi-Xenon:

I've bought an used set from a nice German guy on Ebay:

FullSizeRender_zpsama6bak3.jpg

Before: with the Halogen headlights:

IMG_0727_zpslzdbtgyc.jpg

Taking off the bumper and the headlight:

IMG_0735_zpsk8clswkc.jpg

IMG_0738_zps9oahsysu.jpg

IMG_0739_zpsa9br6hvk.jpg

Coding and Boom! every thing there worked.

IMG_0740_zpscol6e5bd.jpg

After having the Bi-Xenon, I decided that I wan't the S Line front bumper, the same one that comes with the A3 S-Line in the US and Europe (and maybe other places but not here).

I've found this one on Ebay was located in the UK, this is when it arrived to my place:

IMG_1056_zps8xkybs92.jpg

After the paint work:

IMG_1096_zps6dhmlqqn.jpg

also what was missing is to have my front grille in black to match the one on the Black Edition models, I debated between buying a new black grille or painting the existing one, after digging in this forum, I decided to Plasti-Dip it, and I did ;) and to be honest the result surprised me:

IMG_1108_zpsfweyylsk.jpg

After installing the front bumper:

IMG_1119_zps15p8doeo.jpg

After few days the fog light grille arrived, I also bought them on Ebay from an Italian seller:

IMG_1162_zpscp2h07wx.jpg

And surprisingly the final result was aggressive, as wanted:

FullSizeRender%202_zpscpe8wgzh.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsoeza94y1.jpg

IMG_1180_zpsenlcenqd.jpg

In car retrofits:

I have replaced the head unit with RNS-E instead of the Audi Concert:

the RNS-E was bought from UK:

Before:

IMG_0616_zps3qyjukh4.jpg

After:

IMG_0644_zps6kj6gjap.jpg

Also footwell lights and Door light retrofitted as well:

IMG_0898_zpsebxos42a.jpg

Reactions: mister.c. and B5 BIKER
I have ordered OEM S Line rear top spoiler, it's on it way to the country and also S Line rear Diffuser, here is a Pics of the parts:

the roof top spoiler was removed from an 8P S3:

d3a500a7-b465-407e-b9b8-c78de64e2257_zps3t7vggdp.png

939a4d0d-8b22-4462-8f16-34f0fe8d48e3_zps5v6zrvza.png

IMG_1605_zpsi2ytpguw.png

I am leaving the Rims + lower springs to the last as I am still not sure what rims I want.

on the roadmap:
- 18" wheels
- S Line springs or maybe something more low :)
- tinting the windows of the back seats

Well, that's it for now, I will look forward to hear from you about what also you think should be done.

Will be continued...

Thanks,
Jafar.

Reactions: Baka, Jake 61, Donny_DJ and 2 others
I forgot to apologize for my broken english, as you may noticed, I'm not a native speaker/writer.

Thanks,
Jafar.

I would think your car is an S E as it has no S line badges on the front wings. Your car looks exactly the same as mine now, except mine is a sportback.

Reactions: Mujnu
I would think your car is an S E as it has no S line badges on the front wings. Your car looks exactly the same as mine now, except mine is a sportback.

Actually, it has S Line badges on both front wings.

Don't forget the black headlining and FBMFSW. What you doing about the seats ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will be hard to get your hand on S Line seats here, So I guess I'll stuck with the currents.

Actually, it has S Line badges on both front wings.
They weren't on the 1st. group of photos but I can see them now on the last photos.

You also have the same wheels as me funningly enough, they are A4 wheels. 17" wheels will be a little more comfy over rough roads like here. If you have nice smooth roads over there (where are you?) then fit the correct 18" wheels.

Great job so far mate, looking good.

I'm going to be Plast Dipping my grill as well, how many coats did you spray on and did you also use the glossifier spray afterwords for the surround?

I'm going to be Plast Dipping my grill as well, how many coats did you spray on and did you also use the glossifier spray afterwords for the surround?

Cheapsgate! I bought the Proper black grill, only £60 as well, call me lucky if you like.

Cheapsgate! I bought the Proper black grill, only £60 as well, call me lucky if you like.

I own a pre-facelift 07 S3 of which there is not a single grill out there for it, otherwise I'd definitely buy one instead! The only two options are to either Plasti Dip it or buy an expensive RS6 grill and then hack it up to make it fit which I'm not prepared to do haha!

I've did two - three coats (can't remember exactly)

I would like to hear more about the glossifier spray for the surrounding.

I'll let you off then:yes:. How resistant to stone chips is Plasticoat? I'm thinking of other uses for it.

They weren't on the 1st. group of photos but I can see them now on the last photos.

You also have the same wheels as me funningly enough, they are A4 wheels. 17" wheels will be a little more comfy over rough roads like here. If you have nice smooth roads over there (where are you?) then fit the correct 18" wheels.

Mine are A3 16",and the plan is to have them 18", but I wont do that before having an S Line or Eibach pro kit springs in my hands.

Cool, does your Xenons 6000K? They're more white than mine (4300K)

Just the Xenon bulbs. They are D3s for the facelift cars 2008 on.

Reactions: Sherv
Where did you find that head unit? would love to replace my original audi concert.

So the rear roof top Spoiler has arrived, as you can see the colour did not match my car's paint:

IMG_1663_zps0zvzrtyw.jpg

Also the Sikaflex-221 has arrived which I gonna use to bond it to the car's roof:

IMG_1678_zpsk1jdtfjl.jpg

After Paint:

IMG_1665_zpschcqhdzw.jpg

Also I've cut both bolts support that should go into holes in the roof top (outlined in red) which I don't have, and also putted sikaflex in the same place of the double side tape Audi used (Hoping this will be enough):
ded57e92-f04d-4480-bacb-12829b194c91_zpsko9mnfve.jpg

gave it 24 hours to dry while pushing it down with these:

IMG_1682_zpsnel5aufz.jpg

And finally:

IMG_1684_zpsle0cstzw.jpg

IMG_1685_zpsrnwxxfxh.jpg

I am pretty happy with the final output of this retrofit, but my only concern is if the sikaflex indeed will do the job with holding it as needed.

Now I am waiting for the S-Line rear diffuser and for Audi aluminium exhaust finish (S-Line), will be continue.

Thanks.

Reactions: phil_w, Donny_DJ, Baka and 1 other person
Hi mate, don't worry about sikaflex.. It will last forever
Yo need new wheels ASAP

Reactions: jafar
Well job on retrofitting them all by yourself ; the car is looking great !

I would advise against S-line springs as they are terrible for comfort and handling . I had them from the factory but upgraded to the Bilstein B-12 kit which consisted of the Bilstein B-8 Shocks and the EIbach Pro-line springs . They feel,look and handle a lot better than my original shocks and springs and was well worth the upgrade

Update:

Alloys:
Found these OEM brand new 225/40/18 8V alloys with Bridgestone tires on and jumped on the opportunity:

E5357AB3-DCB5-4461-9ECD-378AD5E406D8_zpsus61yqwo.jpeg

After installing them:

C57DD72E-39AA-42F7-84B1-9D886D4025ED_zpskc2vkkln.jpeg

1AE5B0BD-3049-4DED-818D-70248E41F18F_zps8muftpmi.jpeg

Wasn’t able to stand the height, so I decided to lower the car - went on Eibach Pro springs:

AF137EB2-BCE1-4B04-91C3-A85047771BC9_zpsarjjsf3w.jpeg

487B6524-2778-41ED-AA66-F8B34C4C0524_zps5uotb96t.jpeg

Better :

DD2BEE0B-CF49-40F7-8D6D-62D2EDA3D832_zpsf0ycotxw.jpeg

I must say the the car handling improved as well.

Last edited:
I own a pre-facelift 07 S3 of which there is not a single grill out there for it, otherwise I'd definitely buy one instead! The only two options are to either Plasti Dip it or buy an expensive RS6 grill and then hack it up to make it fit which I'm not prepared to do haha!
There was 2 coloured grilles for the Pfl S3 sliver n black

Update:

Alloys:
Found these OEM brand new 225/40/18 8V alloys with Bridgestone tires on and jumped on the opportunity:

E5357AB3-DCB5-4461-9ECD-378AD5E406D8_zpsus61yqwo.jpeg

After installing them:

C57DD72E-39AA-42F7-84B1-9D886D4025ED_zpskc2vkkln.jpeg

1AE5B0BD-3049-4DED-818D-70248E41F18F_zps8muftpmi.jpeg

Wasn’t able to stand the height, so I decided to lower the car - went on Eibach Pro springs:

AF137EB2-BCE1-4B04-91C3-A85047771BC9_zpsarjjsf3w.jpeg

487B6524-2778-41ED-AA66-F8B34C4C0524_zps5uotb96t.jpeg

Better :

DD2BEE0B-CF49-40F7-8D6D-62D2EDA3D832_zpsf0ycotxw.jpeg

I must say the the car handling improved as well.
Very good conversion job , now just Fbmfsw ( if not done already ) then if you have any pennies left the Auto Folding wing mirrors ( by switch inside drivers door )