Coolant Pump B/ Auxillary pump Location Audi A4 TFSI B8 2009

waz418

Reaction score
Hi I'm hoping someone can shed some light iv recently been to the mechanics and has mentioned b need a coolant pump b/ auxiliary pump, i am wondering if any one knows the location of this part on a4 b8 2009 1.8 tfsi? as I am planning to see if I can save some money and replace it my self if it's easy to do,

I have noticed something in the engine bay but can't figure out if this is the coolant pump/ auxiliary pump? I have posted some pictures please if anyone can help I would much appreciate it

I have brought this car few months now only noticed the issue after a trip to the mechanics as you can see the pipes have been joined together with an additional silver piece I'm guessing these were originally in the coolant pump b before?

Coolant 1
Coolant 2

If that's the pump, kinda worrying they couldn't be bothered to change it out, its possibly a pain to get too but still, why wouldn't you change a fairly important part if its broken.

If that's the pump, kinda worrying they couldn't be bothered to change it out, its possibly a pain to get too but still, why wouldn't you change a fairly important part if its broken.
Hi,

would you know what pump this would be?