Corrado Rebuild

tonedef

Reaction score
A few months ago I decided to do something with the Corrado as it's been sitting in the garage getting rubbish piled on top of it since the S3 arrived.

Job one was get some air in the tyres as the rims are shot and leak around the tyre beads. Then pull it out the garage, clay bar, polish and make it look pretty again. The rims and bumpers looked a bit rough so get the car on axle stands, send the wheels away for refurb and get the bumpers to the body shop, no probs. May as well get the driver's seat repaired by the leather man where I stuck a hole in it with a screwdriver too.

Then notice the rattle on the top end of the engine by the gearbox end, a sure sign that the cam chain's on the way out. That means the gearbox has to come out so may as well throw a clutch at it.

If the timing gear is coming off, how about a head off and check/grind valves, uprated head gasket etc.

Then for some reason I see the climate control kit from a Passat for sale on corrado-net forum and decide what a great plan that would be???

So now, my wife's once pristine VR6 is nothing but a huge pile of bits. Good job I've not given her an actual date it'll be back on the road by:)

Lol sounds like a lot of work, pics when finished :icon_thumright:

Might post some progress pics when it looks like progress and not just a stripped car!