Correct oil for 150 tdi?

scoss

Reaction score
Have a low oil level light. I assume the car will be ok to drive for a while?

What oil should I get for the car and how much shall I put in?

Thanks

Any oil which conforms to VAG 504.00/507.00 will be fine mate.

I personally use Shell Helix Ultra AV-L 0W-30 or Helix Ultra ECT 0W-30 in our cars. I'd start off with half a litre and take it from there.

If you don't want to spend a lot the Quantum Longlife 3 0W-30 is a good oil, you can get 5L of this from ebay for around £20 and I believe it's made for VW by Fuchs these days.

Reactions: Gazwould and Fatbloke
Can I get these from Halfords?

So will half a litre be ok? I thought I’d have to add at least a litre with low level warning light?

Thanks for your advice.

I doubt it mate.

Euro Car Parts oil can be good value when they've got discounts on. I paid £55 for 7L of Helix Ultra ECT last month.

What I meant to say was put half a litre in, check the level then add more if necessary.

Halfrauds @ £42.99 507.00 5L amounts to rape .

As above Quantum LongLife III around £20 5L .

Reactions: davc
Halfrauds @ £42.99 507.00 5L amounts to rape .

As above Quantum LongLife III around £20 5L .

I’m tempted to go to my local garage and ask if they have this oil and how much they charge to top it up!

Thing is I have a 100 miles commute each day so I want to get this sorted tomorrow. My best option might be to just go to my local garage if they stock the correct oil. Fingers cross!

It’s a Sainsbury’s but it’s not a big one.
Have a massive Walmart/Asda 10 miles alway.

They all do 5W30 507.00 , Tesco and Asda are made by Tetrosyl as is the Triple QX oils from ECP/CP4L .

Absolutely fine to use , a spec is a spec .

Reactions: scoss
They all do 5W30 507.00 , Tesco and Asda are made by Tetrosyl as is the Triple QX oils from ECP/CP4L .

Absolutely fine to use , a spec is a spec .

Thanks Gaz

I doubt it mate.

Euro Car Parts oil can be good value when they've got discounts on. I paid £55 for 7L of Helix Ultra ECT last month.

What I meant to say was put half a litre in, check the level then add more if necessary.

Sorry for asking this question but how long shall I leave before checking the dip stick after each half litre in order to get an accurate reading?

2015-04-14-14-32-09-jpg.56181

From memory, from the minimum mark on the disptick to the maximum mark is 1l

Whether you use 0W-30 or 5W-30 is irrelevant, the grade is the important thing.

507.00 can be a 0W30 or 5W30 C3 or C2 C3.

0W30 isn't cheap , and normally the Shell Helix flavour , offers no extra protection other than less drag thus better efficiency at lower temperatures during warm up .

A bit like a dual spec C2 /C3 5W30 whereas the C2 will use extra friction modifiers in the additive package to reduce mpg .

Whether you use 0W-30 or 5W-30 is irrelevant, the grade is the important thing.

Are you referring to the 504/507?

The above oil from Castrol states that it’s for VW/Audi but is 502/505.

Only had a new 1 litre bottle of 507 oil hidden in the boot side storage area!

Just put half in so watch this space. Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: davc