Correct steps

Mystical.Snail

Reaction score
I am looking at the wide range of products you can buy and was wondering if this is the correct steps...

Wash -> Wash again -> Clay bar -> Scratch n swirl treatment -> Polish -> Glaze -> Sealant?

If thats correct can someone recomenet a very good product for each set?

Much appreciated!

My Audi A6 is silver by the way

Read THIS M.Snail.

Let me know if it's of any use to you..

I'd: Wash > Claybar > Re-Wash > Polish (which is the 'scratch n swirl treatment) > Glaze and Protect (be it a wax or sealant)

Read the Merc SL600 AMG report I've just posted for a better understanding of the processes.

There are several decent online shops you can buy kit from - for starters, check out the Audi-Sport.net sponsors, Polished Bliss

For your silver Audi, I'd reccomend going down the Jeffs Werkstat route (again, check Polished Bliss for more details..)

No mate, prime has only a very mild cut, if any. You will need a decent polish to remove swirls, especially if doing it by hand. Read the guides with the products on the PB website. I have Menzerna polishes and the reults by machine are spectacular, (i didnt have the machine when i did the golf, that was by hand).
If you have the werkstat kit the process goes Wash - clay - wash - polish - prime - jett trigger.
Glos if for use after subsequent washes to keep up the shine.

Last edited: