Cost of S1 in 18 months?

CarlizzleFoSho

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this is a bit of a finger in the air one. However, I'll be car less in 18months so I'm looking to upgrade and step into a used S1.

What kind of price would you expect to see, realistically, on a S1 sportback with both quattro kits? I've been told by my local Audi dealer it'd be around £15k.

Cheers!

Hey! Nice to see you over here :)

No idea on the answer to your question. It's very hard to judge. The GFV on 3 year PCP's that were taken out in July last year would be a good indicator - just add 10-15% to those.

I'm sure someone will be able to tell you there's (mine is a 4 year so not helpful).

I thought I'd take the plunge :p

Yeh from the quote I got about a year ago 15k sounds about right. Although not sure how great they'll work out on finance second hand :/

Trying to save up for a motorbike and an Audi S1 at the same time is interesting!

Not sure if it helps but I attached a spec and the GFV on that is £12900 after 4 years with a monthly payment of £393 on a £28k model.

Attachments

• S1 Red config.pdf
    457.7 KB · Views: 468
Reactions: CarlizzleFoSho
That's definitely helpful! I'm not bothered about picking up one that's 2 years old by the time I need a car. (Around the end of 2016/ beginning of 2017).

I'd be pretty annoyed if it were only £15k! I have both kits on a sportback, plus the tech kit, arm rest, gear knob, aluminium vents, audi sound system etc.

My GMFV after 36 months is £16,031, doing 7,000 miles per year.

So I'd actually hope to sell for £18-19,000 after 3 years, to give me a bit of equity for the next car - and I should think it's significantly more than this now!

That's pretty low milage though RMJ - for average miles it's going to be a bit less. You should be correct in your estimated sale price based on your GMFV though.

Do you reckon Audi would give me that, Jose, or would it have to be private sale?

Problem I find with the S1 is that, presumably because it's rare, people don't know what it is - so for instance WBAC think of it as a variant of the A1, and say it's worth hardly anything!

If you are buying another Audi they should give you ~£17.5 I reckon. If you sold it privately maybe a little bit more BUT the GMFV is set at a place where it is possible (though unlikely) the car will be worth less, so there is no guarantee. Really we'll just have to wait an see.

Here's hoping - if I can get £2k equity and 7-8% off a TT-RS (on the threat of buying a Cayman) then I think that'll do nicely! :)

That's definitely helpful! I'm not bothered about picking up one that's 2 years old by the time I need a car. (Around the end of 2016/ beginning of 2017).

No problems, just to add that's based on 12k a year so a mileage of 48k in 4 years

well Audi are offering me a best price currently of around 19,400 on mine for a part exchange for a new car.

£19,400 is about right. Got mine upto £20k. Private sale might get another £1500 max. S1 with options doesn't seem to be doing well in the aftermarket