costco dash cam?? any good?

Luke2.0tdi2010

Reaction score
Sorry if this product has already been reviewed on here but could someone tell me what they think of this camera. As far as I can see the picture quality seems pretty good but just wondering if you can charge it up and then put it in the windscreen as I'd rather not have wires hanging out all over the place. Any feedback welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Luke

http://m.costco.co.uk/view/p/nextba...-neoprene-case-bundle-model-nbdvr402-g-187486

Quite a few other videos there as well. Sorry if you have already watched them all.

Hi, thanks for video I hadn't seen it seems fine picture wise.
Do you know if you have to have it plugged into cigarette lighter whenever you are using it, or can you charge it and use it without all the wires hanging down?

Cheers

Generally with dash cams, the preferred option is to actually hard wire it into the car mate. There are a few threads on here about just that.

You would normally wire it into the fuse box, then run the lead nicely up the A pillar, across the roof cloth, and then down behind your rear view mirror and plug into the dash cam. This is really the only option if you want a neat and reliable job to be honest. No use batteries running out just before a major incident!

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010
How does this look when fitted looking for a camera that looks neat when fitted

Id recommend any of the Nextbase ones mate. I use the 512GW myself, and it looks very neat when properly wired in. Nextbase also do some smaller square shaped ones, which would be even neater due to their smaller size. They are also a UK company so support is great.

Thanks for the reply any chance you could post a photo of it fitted.

Sorry for the delay mate. Took a few from different angles. Hope these help!

20180922 151749
20180922 151755

20180922 151800
20180922 151809

20180922 151845

Reactions: voorhees
Thats brillant Trev those picture are great and we are just going to get 1 ordered
Thanks again for your help

Reactions: s3_trev
Just an update camera came the other day got it hard wired and fitted in about half hour look the buisness thanks for your help Trev

Reactions: s3_trev