Could someone photoshop this for me to display my number plate

I'm not being funny, but why do you want to see your number plate on a car? Surely that doesn't make you choose or not choose a colour?

slightly crude but you get the idea:

riiks.jpg

Markb said:
I'm not being funny, but why do you want to see your number plate on a car? Surely that doesn't make you choose or not choose a colour?

Thanks u 2 :)

i only wanted to see what it looks like mate, because i 99% i think i am going to go for silver, just getting excited and wanted to see what it would look like

no harm in that

i think it looks good tho

What's the colour got to do with the number plate?
Messing with the spacing like that is actually illegal and they will do you for it if you get pulled. It's only a £30 fine IIRC so probably worth the risk.

as long as its legible...... this is mine :

dynopic.jpg

And I've had police behind me loads of times and I've never got pulled

end of the days peeps, its no harm me wanting to see what my plate would look like on a silver S3,

i think number plates completly transform the car, and i just wanted to see what it would look like

and touch wood, i have had my plate like that for about 4 years and i havent got pulled over yet

when my old A3 got broken into the police man did mention the spacing, and he said i could fine you £30 for it, but he goes only the "saddest" police men/women would do that lol

Olly_K said:
And I've had police behind me loads of times and I've never got pulled

They know you will disappear into the distance if you drop the hammer thats why lol. :racer:

As for the private plate thing, I think it finishes a car, makes it more individual for the owner, I like private plates, but not modified ones that says 'BADBOY', when the actual plate is P185HOK lol. :busted_cop:

Whenever I see an expensive car, as in 60/70 grand up, I allways think they look weird with normal plates. On run of the mill cars though I think private plates look chav.

I have to agree that a plate can transform the look of a car. Ive had my plate on several cars now and it really does look better on some than it did on others. I have mine spaced slightly differently and have had for four years now. Probably asking for it now but ive never had any hassle for it, whether from the police or MoT stations.

I also have a friend with a very similar plate to mine, also with the same spacing as mine and he is a police man so i think im fairly safe!

As somebody else has said though, i think overly altered plates look awful and i cant stand seeing plates with wrong fonts etc, thats just asking for trouble!

Thanks John S3, that looks good :)

So who thinks my plate finishes the silver S3 off :) lol

LOL !
I get "should've been a W reg for Wolly" !!

I've never seen the appeal of personal plates, meself. It seems an expensive way of telling everyone your name but hey, each to their own.

I did get a shock the other week, though when a friend I've know more than 20 years happened to mention that he'd just bought himelf the plate "STU412T". He paid £3,000 more for that plate than I paid for my car! I think that's when I realised he and I really had drifted into different universes from each other altogether, and I pretty well said as much to him. He's getting married in November. I'm not expecting an invitation.

"only the "saddest" police men/women would do that"
That's pretty much all of traffic division then!

I only mention it as I had the misfortune to get stopped by the saddest trafic cop a few years back. He followed me for about 8 miles on the M27 at night and when I refused to do anything illegal he pulled me and then fined me £30 for having a dirty number plate. Would've probably locked me up had I had a badly spaced number plate. With my licence the way it is I'd rather not attract any additional attention from the boys in blue.
On the right car I quite like proper "vanity plates" (like HOT 80X or BEG 41T), but when you have to fanny around with the spacing for it to make sense then it kind of defeats the object. Really just says "I couldn't afford a proper one". But at least they are an investment, so not totally a waste of money.

investment true, i paid 250 for mine, and i have been offered alot for it allready, but it aint going no where yet

I'm definately an advocate of personalised numbers so long as they're either subtle or clever - anything in between I'm not so hot on.

Special mention has got to go of course to an M3 that regularly blows me into the weeds on the M61; EA51 NOW; and moreso to an A4 Cabriolet I saw somewhere along the Fylde coast last night... X 13UTS - I like that one - no buts!

Of course I think my own's not so bad too :) [Should really be spaced illegally and on a quicker car though] - but the thing is, if you're not caining a fortune on it they can be a good idea from more than an aesthetic point of view. I paid £250 inc. fees for mine; I think it looks good (imho) because the last bit sorta means something, the preceeding two characters are A3 which I think looks cool and also stops anyone from saying I'm trying to pass my car off as an S3; but I'd say the biggest plus to it, having done all the work I have to my car is that the only thing which was dating it (up to the release of the 8P of course) was the R plates... After changing the front and back bumpers (amongst other things); the tail-lights, then the head-lights; fitting a facelift S3 interior, with an A3 *** plate you really have to be on your toes to spot at a glance that it's at least pre-2001.

Regards,

Rob.