could someone with a 58 + A3 take a pic of their door lock switch for me?

Lukeyb

Reaction score
Hi, Im after seeing what a facelift door lock switch looks like, I have the one with the white car and the red key on it from 07 and want to see if the newer one is the same shape etc, as the price for a later switch is about half that of the early ones.

Im not too fussed about whether the switch would actually work as i would want to transplant the actual button onto my older switch as my button is all scratched up.

Cheers

Did you mean this door switch bud? My car is a 58 plate

e6d8d1e23187e1c4ebfbc4b55475a0a5.jpg

Yea that's the one cheers, it looks exactly the same shape just different icons, hopefully the actual button can be removed from the switch and put onto my original switch that works, just is all scratched up

Bah, I've just looked at they swapped the lock and unlock positions, so that's a no go

Glad it looks like the right one! Unfortunately i don't know if it can be done - hopefully it can mate :icon thumright:

Edit: Just seen your post, that's just unlucky!

I've just done a big refresh of the small interior things that were letting it down for me as I saw them all the time every time I was in it.

New facelift window switches

A new driver door arm rest as mine had the notorious crack and was nipping my arm

And a new lock button, I had no option but to get the correct one

Reactions: simboti19
@Lukeyb Can i ask where you sourced that drivers door arm rest from? Mine has 2 cuts on it and I need to get it sorted. Also was how much was it fit? Or is it a fairly easy DIY job (I'm not very good at that stuff mind ha)

I got it from Audi, the only place I could find one not already ripped. I fit it myself the door card comes off quite easily just a couple of bolts and spring clips then you take all of the little silver screws out and the armrest pops off.

Ok thanks for the info! I'll give it a try myself first then. How much did it cost from Audi roughly and I don't suppose you happen to have a part number? :detective2:

8P3 867 174 24A is at it appears it was 50 quid

Reactions: _MickS3