Couple of gauge questions...

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Afternoon people.

Where do you guys get your pods from? Looking to get an oil temp & boost gauge so i need a twin pod but must be a very good fit without chopping and trimming things if possible?

I want Auto Gauge's but the black ones where they come to life when you turn the car on and they look pitch black when the car is off.

Thanks

Jay

Last edited:
Custom made mate.

Thats what i did, bonded a 2 guage pod to the a pillar, only problem is i painted and realised it needs a better sanded finish haha, its a little holey where the filler hasnt been smoothed down but it just takes so long and so much effort to smooth it to a mirror type of finish.

Yeah, home brew is the only way I could find.
Mine's half finished in primer in the garage as we speak. been like that for a while actually, but there we go!

Kev's how-to---> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=55649

I'm leaning towards Stack guages as well, but I'm not sure I can be faffed with pulling them apart and painting...
Also, I wanted a smart looking AFR guage, but they're either digital ones combined with boost etc. and hellish expensive, or else very fast and furious looking. So I've kinda given up on that idea :-(

Nar i cant be bothered to pull them apart, just going to buy some black autogauge one's and paint the rings black around the edge.

Thanks for that guys!

I've seen a few twin pods on Ebay but you have to screw them into the pillar. My pillar colour is beige so i was thinking of spraying the pod a satin beige colour to get the closest match and then doing the same colour to the screws but use very small screws so they're aren't that noticeable!

Do you think that would be okay?

Screw, no no, haha.

Bond it onto the a pillari i did, looks sooo much neater and just better.

Oops didn't think of that! lol i'll do that then!

Are the Ebay ones any good? Are they gonna need trimming down or anything?