Couple of niggles since lowering....

cfoster

Reaction score
Had the springs fitted last weekend by a mechanic/friend of mine and since they have gone on i've noticed the front drivers side to be making a rattling/vibration at slow speed (0 - 30mph) and more noticable when slightly turning to the left. The only way i can describe the noise is that it feels like the top suspension mount being loose and rattles, moves about over bumps(but its not!!). Over big speed bumps you can't hear anything, its only the usually road bumps/country lanes that its noticable. It seems to drive fine but a little nervous!! I've jacked it up and everything seems tight, checked all the undertrays etc and all good, although the mechanic did say that my wishbones are starting to wear now (not to be replaced yet but soon). Does the diagnosis sound like worn wishbones?!

Cheers
Chris

Sounds like the lower suspension arm is worn. I had this and replaced it and the noise stopped.

ok cool, is it an expensive part?! Do I presume its the part that the bottom of the shock bolts to?

All sorted, was apparantly my lower wishbone.....!

Well picked the car up but still not 100%, he now thinka that the rattle could be the cv joint? Is this common and how would I diagnose it as being that?! Can I take the wheel off and feel movement etc?

Cheers

Well picked the car up but still not 100%, he now thinka that the rattle could be the cv joint? Is this common and how would I diagnose it as being that?! Can I take the wheel off and feel movement etc?

Cheers