Court tommorrow no insurance

joebickerton89

Reaction score
hi all tommorow ive got court for something that happend ages back i bought a corsa with the headgasket gone it was dropped off outside my house and i had it one the road for a day uninsured while the work was being done but that same day i had the police knock my door and tell me they was going to report me for no insurance even tho it wasnt moving or being driven. i know you have to have insurance now to even have it parked up and i know full well i deserve whatever i get and shouldnt have been such a ****er and insured it i onyl didnt because i got it dropped off friday morning and by saturday morning it was insured and everything but i just wondered if anyone on here has got done for no insurancein the past and been to court but got away with just a fine? i have 6points from being a tosser before i passed once so anymore and ive lost it which means my jobs at risk also. i got a letter through the post with a £200 fine and 6points but declined it and chose to go to court tommorow at 10am to put it across that i am guilty but need my license to do my job etc but as i said i just wondered if anyone on here had got away with just a fine when not being aloud anymore points through risking the possibility of losing there license? any information would be good

you should get 6 points and fine
have you got a letter from your work stateing that you need the licence for your job ?
all depends on the mag but they can give you the 6 and let you keep driving.
but that all depends on the mag on the day.

yeah mate thats what i got through the post a penalty notice and 6points.no mate no letter and to be honest now im unemployed since wednesday last week but just been offered a little part time driving job as a better than nothing kinda thing hoping they see that i need my license to get an income n not go back on the goverment fund :/ but as you said all depends on the person on the day. so can they give me 6points which means il have 12 but also allow me to keep my license? ive only got 5months until ive been driving 2 years

Reactions: Simon66
ah well if you get another 6 wont it make you have to resit the test ?
yes sometimes due to hardship you can still have 12 or more points and still drive
you will go guilty but claim hardship tell them about your mortgage job etc
if you have kids etc
and your the only earner in the household and that you would have to claim etc
what court are you in ?
most i had at once was 15 just gone down to 9 so have to behave.
iv had it twice now both in self supported courts tho.

yeah mate thats what i mean ive already 6 from before even passing so anymore and i lose it because ive only been driving 18-19months. event tho ive not been driving to years can they still give me 6 and il have 12 but still allow me my license as i drive for a living? thats what im going to say basically i am guilty and that the car was insured the next days all legal and tell them that i drive for a living so need my license to keep me going kinda thing. sevenoaks magistrates court

all depends
its the 2 year limit that they might not allow
iv been drving years so that dont apply to me
so not to sure
but good luck and let us know how it turns out

thanks bud. i spose the best i can hope for is a big fine to make up for 0points

take my word for it if they do let you carry on driving cos of the hardship it will cause you get ready for the fine
into four figures my last 1 was

I think the two year/six points and sit your test again rule will apply TBH sorry, specially if you have points from before your test, but you might get lucky

Speak to the duty solicitor on the day, get there in plenty of time.

So you already have 6 points and have been driving less than two years? If the points came before your test that would explain why you're still driving.

Have a look here PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and see what people's experiences are with pleading exceptional hardship, it can be a bit inconsistent. The fact you weren't driving the car will go in your favour as that would be an aggravating factor. Good luck.

watch out for this site. its full of cops ipcc fools. i went there for help once but found large extracts from that site on on ipcc statements sent back to my solicitos despite using an alias.
personally i dont think it warrants points but its your mony they are after. you are just another cash cow.
Speak to the duty solicitor on the day, get there in plenty of time.

So you already have 6 points and have been driving less than two years? If the points came before your test that would explain why you're still driving.

Have a look here PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and see what people's experiences are with pleading exceptional hardship, it can be a bit inconsistent. The fact you weren't driving the car will go in your favour as that would be an aggravating factor. Good luck.

been to court they gave me 6points and £215 fine and expressed my hardship so i have to wait for the dvla to get the information from the courts and see if they revoke my license or let me keep it cos of hardship ive been driving 18months or so and will have 12points so they might revoke it because im still in my 2year thing.

fingers crossed
but DVLA normaly dont listen to hardship thats for the mag to decide
looks like they have decided that you can still drive on 12 that should be a totting up ban
just hope dvla actuly look at it and let you keep it
pity you wasnt over the 2 year mark

yeah spose i will just have to see what happends im pretty sure im going to lose it tho for getting 6points in the first 2 years :/

have they took the licence today and susspended you
or can you drive till dvla revoke or let you keep it ?

Be VERY careful to be clear that you are or are not suspended now.
When i had 3 points before my test, i faced a no insurance charge and attended court. I got the same as you, walked out with 9 points and the judge gave me back my documents. I didnt find out till 6 years later that my license
was revoked and had to retake my test.

Be VERY careful to be clear that you are or are not suspended now.
When i had 3 points before my test, i faced a no insurance charge and attended court. I got the same as you, walked out with 9 points and the judge gave me back my documents. I didnt find out till 6 years later that my license
was revoked and had to retake my test.
thats why i asked
as if he gets pulled he can get done for no licence and no insurance again

they took it and told me to ring dvla to confirm if im suspended etc but he said until they recieve information from the courts ive still got a license but im not driving my car anyway as it needs gearbox mount and a new downpipe

thats why i asked
as if he gets pulled he can get done for no license and no insurance again

Depends on the police who pull you. I was 'revoked' in 2002 but not aware, handed my paperwork back. somewhere between 2002-2004 I was stopped and summons and given a 6 month ban and 8 points for no insurance/mot/sp30 and a bald tyre. I was pulled in 2004 for no insurance ( i had insurance, long story but police lied to me and hoodwinked me into thinking i was screwed, and crushed my car. no mention of no license,and no summons for no insurance). 2005 pulled speeding, new limit of 40mph was in force on a road i grew up on as a 50, no mention of no license. 2007 ANPR pulled a car owned by the garage i worked for for no insurance. Car was insured on trade policy, no mention of no license. 2008 I started work in my current job and needed my own insurance so called DVLA to check if the previous points were clear, told quite clearly i was revoked in 2002 and needed to retake my test and had 9 points still which were removed within months of passing again.

I have since acquired a medical and provisional for CAT C , and know without a doubt im clean and licensed on my car!

Edit: the no license charge is LC20 iirc, and i had one of these as my first offence ever, carried 3 points but made it impossible to get insured at the time. TT99 iirc was the other nasty one i had when i was banned for 6 months

Last edited:
the TT99 are fukkers for insurance
they want to no the codes for why you was totted up ****s
good luck with your CAT C thats what i do hgv driver its a prety good life

sorry guys havent been on here in ages. i had it revoked in the end and got 6points and £215 fine and lost my job also so had to sell the a3 a day after fitting a spanking new clutch and flywheel :( later that someone i know got caught driving with no insurance or license after having his taken away and he went to court for a second time and got a 215 fine 28day band and 0 points :/ which i find disgusting to be honest as he wasnt reliant on his license for any job etc and he was actually driving it with no license either and he got 0 points just a ban and fine i got 6 points £215 and i wasnt even driving it and also had a license :/ and dependant on havingit for my job but live and learn i spose

Horrible ......

Last edited by a moderator:
the judge on the day was a proper nice bloke aswell but i think he had to give me at least 6points which wasnt the case but there we go

TBH you didnt do to bad
you was defo geting the 6 points
at least the mag didnt tot you up to a 12 mth ban and revoke aswell
this was you can sit the retest and have no ban on the licence
just a pity you had a dribing job

that is horrible mate, I didn't have my last car insured for 4 monthslate last year and got a letter thru in December saying if I didn't sorn it id get a 200 quid fine, no mention of points and took 4 months for them to realise it wasn't insure

think is bez i presumed id defo get the 6points because thats the minimum it carried for no insurance but thie other chap didnt get any points for no insurance or no license thats what i dont understand :/

when a car has a mechanical defect and not been driven, what liability does it present sorn or not sorn? this is just another draconian law to punish the average Joe but favour those with more money.

I find this highly amusing that a non legal driver buys a car that he knows has just been used by another offending driver, and now been caught and prosecuted for it!

Unlucky with the revoked liscence though, get your original instructor to take the lessons if possible, mine felt sorry for me and buzzed me through them in no time! Also if you get talking to the examiner, either tell him nothing or talk about learning the error of your ways, worked well for me :D

Ther's no point giving someone points on a licence they don't have..

I find this highly amusing that a non legal driver buys a car that he knows has just been used by another offending driver, and now been caught and prosecuted for it!

Unlucky with the revoked liscence though, get your original instructor to take the lessons if possible, mine felt sorry for me and buzzed me through them in no time! Also if you get talking to the examiner, either tell him nothing or talk about learning the error of your ways, worked well for me :D

yh think il be nice to him haha