Courtesy Cars!

Jack D

Reaction score
My car is booked in to the dealers next Tuesday!

Any Idea what kind of coutesy car I might get? Do you get an Audi or do they give you a VW polo or something like that?:sadlike:

Cheers

That would be nice! You generally get Audis then?

IMO,it would always make good business sense to give you a better car than you already have.
I bet it would increase sales.
However,I can see the logistics of that would be a nightmare.

I usually get a good car from my dealer,but that's only because the girl in servicing used to go out with my mate.

Christ knows what Joe Bloggs gets.

I have always been given an Audi and usually another A3. The last one I had was a 2.0T.

First time I took mine in (about 2 years ago), Blackburn Audi gave me a new A4 1.9TDi Sport Quatty SE, 2nd time an A3 2.0 TDi Sport Quatty then I must have done summat to **** 'em off because the 3rd time it went in I got a 1.4 A2! Not had it booked in since but they seemed to be handing the keys out to a few A3/4s last time I was in getting parts.

got a brand new 1.6 A3 8P (hated it) 1st time then got a new 2.0 TDI A4 avant last time (loved it) depends really

I had a 2005 A6 2.7TDi S-Line when mine went in for a gearbox for 3 weeks, but that was supplied by Audi UK, not the dealer.

When it was in for the new steering rack and a service, they gave me a 2.0T A4 Avant Quattro...

I think it depends on what the dealer has available at the time and how long you are going to be in the car. Most loan cars are salesmen's cars, so if you are going to be in the car for a while they are more likely to give you something not so nice...

The one and only time mine went in, I was given an A4 Avant 2.0TDi SE. Better than the courtesy cars I got at my local SEAT dealer, a 1.2 Ibiza :( Plus, you had to fork out for your own insurance as well! Needless to say, I took the option of getting a bus instead ;)

both times ive had courtesy cars have been 1.6's (and not even fsis i think!) were sooooo slow

Slowest thing I've ever had was a 1.4FSI A2. Last time mine went in they gave me an absolute base-spec A3 1.9TDI which was frankly horrid. The interior, whilst well screwed together, was awful. No leather anywhere, nasty hard plastic handbrake, cheap feeling steering wheel, no toys at all and really rather slow. Was so glad to get mine back.