Craig Jones

Yes, been posting on a biker site about this. I watched the recording later on sunday and was very very shocked at the accident, by far the worst thing I have ever seen. Im used to seeing bikers moving after they've had an off, even if its to clutch something thats hurting but to just see his body spinning limp across the track & then not moving when he stopped was horrific, made worse by the camera closing in on him briefly before being panned away so you could see his eyes closed. A very sad day for english sport imo, he was having the race of his life. I feel sorry for Andrew Pitt who actually hit him, cant imagine whats going through his mind right now.

i saw the accident on a google vid, and although tragic, i was surprised at how unspectacular it was. now please dont get me wrong, it WAS a big accident, and had obvious tragic consequences, but it was almost like he just laid it down and sorta slid off.

it wasnt as if there was legs/arms/machinery going everywhere. i used to follow speedway, and used to see quite spectacular crashes, people locking up and going over the top, into barriers, colliding with other bikes, and they got up and were back out for the next race.

i agree with you nicky about the other rider who clipped him. he will always have that nagging "what if i didnt" to live with.

Such a shame to hear about things like this.....a waste of a life hey

i saw the accident on a google vid, and although tragic, i was surprised at how unspectacular it was. now please dont get me wrong, it WAS a big accident, and had obvious tragic consequences, but it was almost like he just laid it down and sorta slid off.

it wasnt as if there was legs/arms/machinery going everywhere. i used to follow speedway, and used to see quite spectacular crashes, people locking up and going over the top, into barriers, colliding with other bikes, and they got up and were back out for the next race.

i agree with you nicky about the other rider who clipped him. he will always have that nagging "what if i didnt" to live with.

For me it wasnt the violence of the accident that made it horrific, as there wasnt much really being a high speed low side basically. It was just seeing his body spinning across the track totally limp that got me. I've seen a good few accidents during races before & they alway move again, he just didnt move. Plus you could see his eyes when he'd stopped due to his visor being ripped off, chilling...............

Thankfully youtube have removed this footage now im led to believe but for those who didnt see it and are intrigued i'd beg of you not to go looking for footage, it cant be nice for his family to think people are watching it.

unfortunately plenty of links on youtube currently, i just went and had another look before my last post...

Guess some sicko's out there are relisting their own versions as quickly as they get taken down, sad really.

Was going to watch this race, but was coming back from Preston so missed it. This is the first i have heard of this, i must have my head in the sand.
Youtube are still showing footage, i had a look not in a sick way but intrigued to see how it happened, he must have hit hard and been knocked out straight away.
Such a loss of talent at a young age, RIP Craig.