Crail last weekend

69.975 is my max that Ive done on M Roads.

That’s what he said to the arresting officers:welcoming:
I don’t know if it’s me that know the roads around there but when there’s any events at crail or knockhill the police are everywhere even at 8am on a Sunday . I’ve seen them park up 100 yards from knockhills entrance before knowing people gonna come out speeding or with bald tyres.

Reactions: Sandra
It’s always pretty bad at knockhill, it don’t matter if it’s the cars or bikes, they always there to generate some revenue.

Reactions: Jcbmally and AlS3BE
In all honesty we have all broke the speed limit so have a little bit of sympathy for the guys that got caught.
I’m not condoning it as that stretch of road is quite busy with grannies doing 50 in the fast lane and learners learning how do drive at national speed limit and learning how to overtake etc.
At 140+ you better know what you are doing and hope your car is maintained well enough with good tyres and brakes.
Curious to know what kind of vw can make 140 on that road.

In all honesty we have all broke the speed limit so have a little bit of sympathy for the guys that got caught.
I’m not condoning it as that stretch of road is quite busy with grannies doing 50 in the fast lane and learners learning how do drive at national speed limit and learning how to overtake etc.
At 140+ you better know what you are doing and hope your car is maintained well enough with good tyres and brakes.
Curious to know what kind of vw can make 140 on that road.

I’m sure I saw on fb that it was a red Golf R, but no sympathy for the driver, hitting 100+ is taking the **** on a public road, let alone 141

I’m sure I saw on fb that it was a red Golf R, but no sympathy for the driver, hitting 100+ is taking the **** on a public road, let alone 141
I'm not sticking up for the driver and I don't know the road but 100 is easily achievable in many cars, nevermind a Golf R.

Go on a motorway in the early hours of the morning before sunrise and 100 feels slow if there's nothing infront and the road conditions are right. I find it painful to trot along at my cruising speed of 80 ish.

I doubt I'd cruise at 100 though even if it was legal. Not in the s3 at least.

But I've done short burst of speed on M/A roads and wouldn't consider it dangerous when the conditions are right.

I've been in a mondeo as a passenger going 120 mid morning with the driver proper up people's *** wanting them to move over. Now that is a totally different story.

So yeah, way over the speed limit whatever way you look at it. Can't comment on how responsive the driver was being as wasn't there. But I'd disagree with someone who thinks driving 100 on a public road is reckless when the time and conditions are right.

Reactions: FBF01, RS5 JON and AlS3BE
Automatic ban anyway and maybe some community service.
You are right. Most modern car can do 100 and plenty can do 140+. It so cheap to get a car that can do 140. Old type Rs and Subaru’s around £1k can do those silly speeds. Problem is always the idiot behind the wheel.
The boy in the golf r is gonna be made an example of unfortunately and book will be thrown at him. The cops/court isn’t gonna give them an easy 3 point £100

Reactions: oli356 and Jassyo06
Automatic ban anyway and maybe some community service.
You are right. Most modern car can do 100 and plenty can do 140+. It so cheap to get a car that can do 140. Old type Rs and Subaru’s around £1k can do those silly speeds. Problem is always the idiot behind the wheel.
The boy in the golf r is gonna be made an example of unfortunately and book will be thrown at him. The cops/court isn’t gonna give them an easy 3 point £100
Yup no doubt and tbh, if I was driving and caught at that speed, I would expect nothing less... at 100+ I was under the impression there is no questioning if you are getting a ban.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
at 100+ I was under the impression there is no questioning if you are getting a ban.
Maybe at one time it was, but nowadays it depends who you are and how good your lawer is. ;)
For the average Joe Sixpack it will still be a ban.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AlS3BE
Most the time we all judge because we don’t get caught. I really think most people will speed at some point and I don’t care what anyone says. Wether you do 33 in a 30, 45 in a 40 etc speeding is speeding and if the old bill catch you that’s that.

We all at some point look down, see our speedo doing the wrong speed and think “sh1t” then we back off.

I’ve been on some private roads and hit 150mph easily in my S3, Even In my bike years 180mph.

100mph isn’t that fast nowadays considering cars are now able to push 200+mph. Your average could easily reach 100mph, ok not in a short distance but it could.

I’m not condoning what speeds they have done. If your going to a track/show/event or leaving etc then police and cameras are usually around.

Reactions: FBF01 and oli356
I might get called boring but my licence is crucial for my job, so I'll happily sit at 65mph on single carriageway (NSL) and 75mph on motorway. I dare not risk speeding, but that's just me.

But sure when overtaking lorries and slow people, it's far too easy to be too hard on the gas and soon be overtaking at 75...80...90mph on single carriageway roads.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I might get called boring but my licence is crucial for my job, so I'll happily sit at 65mph on single carriageway (NSL) and 75mph on motorway. I dare not risk speeding, but that's just me.

But sure when overtaking lorries and slow people, it's far too easy to be too hard on the gas and soon be overtaking at 75...80...90mph on single carriageway roads.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I agree with you there, I think it's just natural instinct to keep your foot down when overtaking on a single lane carriageway. Happens to me and I've got about half the power of an S3 lol. Can't imagine what I'd be like in one.

Reactions: Adam14
Was caught on the a77 at 99 mph 17 years ago my car now would do 150mph to zero and back to 150 mph quicker than it took to get to 99 we have all done it dont condone it soon as you go over a tun you know what happend when your caught

Don’t know if this is related to this but quite a few cop cars out today/tonight in similar area. Just saw a car get pulled on a dual carriageway and I was doing maybe 75 so this car was maybe 80-85. Camera van out earlier further up the road too.

Was a heavily modified Golf R. He was in front of me few months back going to Crail, along with some lad in a C63, and they were flying!!!!! Sure I saw him go down the 1/4 mile too ha, must have known he was caught surely.

Such an infamous road for speed cameras. Lad will be spewing I bet, but do agree, stage 1+ S3s and Rs get to those speeds in no time at all. Easily done, but should know better on that road.

If he’d been clocked at those speeds on an empty road at night he’d have received a lighter punishment. He’s been racing on the way to a car show...theyll use him as an example and he’ll be in for a big BIG fine and a lengthy ban

I can remember me and mates used to use that road to get a top speed run out our cars :welcoming:
Back in the days when I had a 1.1 fiesta that barely did 80:wink:

Reactions: oli356