Crash Bang Wallop what an accident

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Well... The beast is dead.

And i walked away with a cut on my face and a headache and some bruising.

Im coming down the hill and as i get to the junction and a black BMW pulls accross in front of me... no problem there is enough room. i just brake gently to give him space... as he clears the road i let off the brake... but then suddenly the silver mazda 626 pulls out leaving me ZERO time.... i cant even remember if i braked again or not... SMACK into his front end spinning him 180. All my airbags go off and i start to spin anti clockwise heading for a field but i look out my drivers window and see a transit van coming the other way skidding to avoid me... BANG i hit that spinning me the other way (but stoping my path of certain barrel rolling in the field) and leave me facing the way i came.

Horn and all kinds or warning beeps going off in my car, im a bit dazed. open the door. walk to the verge. lay down.

I reckon the impact speed was 50-60mph and it was so lucky i didnt hit the mazda side on... would have been much worse for me and him.

MAzda driver was apologetic.. says he didnt see me (he was looking the the black bmw turning into his road and waiting for him to clear his path so he could turn out). Transit driver hurt his knee.

Amazing everyone was ok!!!

i was on my way home from go karting (we came second by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and my helmet in the boot ended up in the field (will have to claim for that aswell)...... maybe i should have been wearing it though :roll:

Be carefull kids!! I was lucky.... VERY LUCKY!

Sorry to see that mate,glad your ok.

Nooooo, what a waste! Glad you have come out of it ok though bud, looks like you was very, very lucky indeed to walk away from that!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif At the end of the day, it's only a car, and guess no one wants to buy it now lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

i feel gutted for you mate. Glad everyone was ok. Could have been a lot worse.

Aaron

F**king hell !!!!!

On the plus side at least your ok and it wasnt your fault .....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Glad you're ok.. Its such a sickening feeling when someone pulls out and you know its not possible to avoid.. been there!

Been there on a motorbike too, as a pillion - only doing about 35 but bike stopped dead, buried in the side of the car, I flew up, over the car, landed on my back in the roadway beyond it - very badly winded, few minor fractures but all ok - mate wasnt so lucky, tearing himself (wince now, fellas) quite badly on the fuel cap on his petrol tank (old Yamaha 650 chopper type thing, remember those?)

So - its very gratifying to see the passenger cage almost all intact on a 50mph + collision, then a second collision, airbags deploying as they should, other drivers unhurt too.. I loved my bike but lets all be honest - who else looks at these pics and is extremely happy they sit in an Audi every day?

Very, very glad you're ok - and as for your car - well it did its job of protecting you from the consequences of a numptys concentration lapse very well indeed, and hey - thats what your insurance is for!

All the best

WOW, glad to see youa nd everyone else walked away. Your gonna be sore tonight!!
You say at 50-60mph... the car seems to pretty well intact which is a good thing.

Count your blessings and thank God your walked away. Could have been a lot worse.

Dude, sorry to hear that! Just goes to show how NOT in control you are when it comes to these situations. and it only takes a split second lapse of concentration from someone else and its all over! Glad your OK...Only a chunk of metal and plastic at the end of the day (albeit a rather nice one!). I hope that the insurance goes smoothly, but wouldnt hold my breath...gets complicated with more than 2 parties.

Good luck mate. All the best

Rich

yeah im pretty sure i wouldnt have been doing slower than 50 as i dont remember braking much before i hit the mazda... it just pulled out with me so close that i didnt have time to react.

yeah im not looking forward to the insurance proceedure now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ouch sorry to here the news, glad you are alright

yeah i was supposed to have a guy look at it today. had to phone him from hospital to tell him it was dead.

yeah im calm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif off that the guy pulled out... i still cant believe he did it? I couldnt sleep last night, just kept running through it in my mind. I really dont remember braking much before i hit him.

Dad has had alot of experience of crashes through his carrer and reckons i must have been doing about 60ish when i hit him, maybe more... based on where all the cars ended up and how far away from the mazda my car ended even after hitting a second vehicle!

real sorry but glad your physically ok. It amazing how you keep running it through your mind in slow motion afterwards - if only, what if etc. I hope it all gets sorted very quickly - it adds insult to injury when the insurance takes forever.

Glad you and everyone is ok. Cars can always be replaced. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif mess! Testament to the safety of modern cars that you can walk from such a huge collision.

Be safe...

JESUS!

As everyone else has said, so pleased you and all others have been lucky enough to come away ok. Feel for you matey. Good luck with getting it all sorted.

Rob

Holy sh it man! What a mess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So glad you're all ok though mate... that's what really counts at the end of the day.

I know what you mean about playing it all over in your head too... I rolled a 16V Clio I had quite some years ago doing some silly speed on a deserted motorway first thing in the morning (don't ask) and for weeks I kept seeing the accident in my head from in front and above like it was all happening in front of me. I too was ok but ****** shouldn't have been!

Hope you get the insurance all sorted soon bud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

T

Glad your ok fella, this could have been a lot worse and just goes to show what difference a solid car can make.

Did anyone notice what the sign on the back of the bus read...

Holy crap, I'm surprised you didn't hurt yourself!

Glad you're okay, sorry to see the car in such a state, but as someone already stated, it's only a car.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL, now that's attention to detail, though I doubt even driving slower would prevent this accident from JKs description /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mate really sorry for you. Wish your aches a speedy recovery!

Have you managed to do anything with the remap, I didn’t think you had declared it with your insurance from memory?

Book price on your car for trade is ~12k so i would expect an offer of around this figure.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL, now that's attention to detail, though I doubt even driving slower would prevent this accident from JKs description /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the number of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and the number of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you even looking at the car Rob?

woah glad your ok.. looking at the pics wouldn't have guessed..

Jesus Nathan! I can't believe you got off so lightly after seeing those pics! Thank god you were in something modern with all the safety aids!

Wishnig you a speedy recovery mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

cheers guys

Been back to the scene today and took this pic

As i came over the hill (would have been coming towards us in that pic on that pic) there was a black bmw estate just pulling into the 'turn right' box and turned across me into the road where you see the blue A class. I had my foot on the brake and maybe slowed a little but when he cleared the road i let off the brake.

THEN... the mazda pulled out of that side road where the A class is and pulled across my path aiming to turn right going up the hill. Not enough room though and i hit him at what i believe to be about 60mph (dont remember having much time to brake). In the top highlighted box is the initial impact just next to that arrow that indicates the right turn. you can see my tyre marks in a C shape arch (just, you have to look close!) The mazda span 180 to face the way it had come. I found engine parts inc the battery of the mazda in the field today!

So my path continues now going sideways towards where i stood to take this picture.

The blue transit was heading up the hill and swerved to the left when i was coming towards him. I hit the transit just to the left of the 2 arrows and that sent me into a spin in the other direction. You can see my tyre marks going the other way now across the face of those arrows.

I then ended up facing back up the hill

Yeah gud to hear your still with us man!! looks a bad en mate, you had a superb car too, big shame for you to be involved in such a bad accident!! Like others had said, u cannot be replaced, a car can! hope the insurance sorts it out quickly for you dude!!

Think it shows the robust build of Audis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

glad everyone is ok and not injured.