Creaking centre console.

N88 RBN

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem?

Picked a used 62 plate A3 8v up 3 weeks ago and have noticed that the centre console seems to be creaking near the cup holders. I've only noticed it when the heaters are warming up first thing in the morning. Could be the plastic expanding?

Help would be much appreciated,

Cheers
Nath

Mine creeks just at the side of the cup holder when I press my leg against it so I always have to be conscious not to. Mines S tronic so I can't use the footrest thing cos that's when my leg is pressed against the centre console

As above, if i lean my leg against it while driving it creeks. poor really

Makes me laugh at the premium quality we've paid for. Sorry to chime in but the 8V is a real substandard Audi (Look good to start with), not what I signed up for (Rant over) :welcoming:

Sounds like the sort of thing Audi wont help with, especially on a 62 plate. I can't see any easy fix though. It's just one of those things.

Reactions: veeeight
Had this on mine. While car was in for other works I asked my dealer to look at the creaking "knee pads" and it turned out that the complete center console had not been installed correctly from the factory. Took 2 days and some special / non standard rivets to refit.

Are all the above saloons ?
(Apart from mine obviously)

Are all the above saloons ?
(Apart from mine obviously)
Mine is a Saloon.

I just looked over the paper work for the job and it states that the rivets used from the factory were not correctly installed with the correct / needed amount of pressure in order to secure the console frame to the floor of the car. Personally I thought the issue was the plastics of the "knee pads" and their mounting points rubbing together, but they did what they did and I now have zero issues.

Mine creeks.
Hatchback
Did from day 1. Learned not to touch the centre console.

Mine is a Saloon.

I just looked over the paper work for the job and it states that the rivets used from the factory were not correctly installed with the correct / needed amount of pressure in order to secure the console frame to the floor of the car. Personally I thought the issue was the plastics of the "knee pads" and their mounting points rubbing together, but they did what they did and I now have zero issues.

Was this something they sorted out free of charge then?

can't say I have either, probably the only thing screwed down properly :welcoming: