Creaking help

GeorgieS3

Reaction score
Ok so as above, had front and rear powerflex ARB bushes fitting about 3 weeks ago. Mine where perished so thaught I would upgrade, now ever since then my car has been making a creaking noise, gradually getting worse and louder.
It happens at low speeds and speed bumps ect.
I have done a few searches and found that the it could be the ARBs as it's common for then to wear.
But shouldn't the garage of noticed something or said some thing? It seemes that only after the new bushes where fitted that this creaking noise has started and it ryt annoying!!!
Thanks guys

check subframe bolts if loose it will creak it happened to me they came slightly loose

I got it up on ramps today at my freindly garage! They guys that fitting my bushes. Now when we were under the car and tried lifting it, you could here the creaking niose coming from the actual powerflex bush in both sides of the front ARB.
Does anybody have and experience of this or advice?
We sprayed then with white grease so I will see if the noise goes for a while or wether it stays. Suppose that's all I can do for know.
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

Both front & rear ARB bushes are supposed to be caked in grease, the ARB will move so no grease & you will get creaks.

Hmm the bloke that fit them said he did apply the grease that provided in the pack, they did look pretty dry though when I looked myself. And he wasn't to keen on me looking myself either he said wait over there. (I didn't).
I could have words with the garage owner tommorow. It only seems to be the front that creaks, very loud as well.
Thanks mate

The drop links may also creak it dry but they generally are sealed. Applying a silicone spray lube to the any of the joints in these regions doesn't hurt

Ye it's the powerflex arb bushes that aren't greased up properly, I think it's common. They are supplied wih coper grease but I don't it ye best stuff with the s3s being old cars there's rust and what not down there. A greas evry few weeks should sort it!

Ye it's the powerflex arb bushes that aren't greased up properly, I think it's common. They are supplied wih coper grease but I don't it ye best stuff with the s3s being old cars there's rust and what not down there. A greas evry few weeks should sort it!
Surely someone should not need to grease up the bushes every few weeks. Anyone else with these bushes needs to do this regular?

I had exactly the same issue on my ARB bushes after replacing them with Polyurethane bushes.

Just get the car up on some ramps, loosen off the carb bracket for the bush slightly and pack in as much copper grease in the area as you can. Don't use an aerosol copper grease though as this dry's out really fast so the creaking will come back.

I greased mine 3 weeks ago and have had no issues since.

Ye aerosol grease did dry out! I have loosens it off and greased them up as well as I could yesturday so far so good. Cheers