Creaking noise - Help

K55P BK

Instagram: @blvckzxk
Reaction score
I've got a rather loud creaking noise coming from inside the cabin or at least I think that's where it's coming from.

It seems to originate from behind me when I'm driving and toward the rear right hand side of the car. It's driving me mad!!! When I'm driving along its all I can hear every turn, every bump in the road all the time it's just a constant creak.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix? or diognosis at least.

It makes me drive faster to drown it out ha. I need help before I lose my mind.... Or my license.

Hmmm, I have my fully lowered as well I'll try lifting it a little. The sound seems like it's coming from behind me though to the rear, a guy on RS3oc suggested that it could be rear top mounts as it's a common fault, my car is only 2 months old though and I thought they rectified the issue on he newer builds?

I've had a few rattles in my A3. One seems to be from the rear door card on the drivers side, which is a nightmare. I've had a creaking from my drivers seat when turning, Audi had a look and lubricated all the contact points and that sorted it.

Could be anything but if you can pinpoint it to a technician on a test drive 9 times out of 10, take it in and let Audi investigate. It really is a no quibble warranty with Audi.

Hmmm, I have my fully lowered as well I'll try lifting it a little. The sound seems like it's coming from behind me though to the rear, a guy on RS3oc suggested that it could be rear top mounts as it's a common fault, my car is only 2 months old though and I thought they rectified the issue on he newer builds?

Had the same issue on my current S3 saloon. Took to the dealers and replicated the issue to one of their technicians and they agreed they could hear the noise. It's currently with them getting the suspension mounts replaced as they said they had dried up. My car is only 6 months old.

I've had issues with creaking on the inside. Took it in and dealer said it was a loose cable! Bull crap! Didn't sort it.

Was looking through a tread the other day and someone mentioned it was the rear seat latch that speaks. The dealer greased it up for them and it cured it. I've done the same and the noise is no more! I'm over the moon I don't have to listen to the God awful squeak anymore!

I've got a rather loud creaking noise coming from inside the cabin or at least I think that's where it's coming from.

It seems to originate from behind me when I'm driving and toward the rear right hand side of the car. It's driving me mad!!! When I'm driving along its all I can hear every turn, every bump in the road all the time it's just a constant creak.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix? or diognosis at least.

It makes me drive faster to drown it out ha. I need help before I lose my mind.... Or my license.

I have had a right annoying one too. Could be the same thing? Turns out it's the rear seat catch (drivers side). Apparently the lock isn't engaging fully. Had it in and they "tweaked" it. It worked for a week or 2 and the ****** noise is back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not got the creak noise but get a big thunk when going over speed bumps, which I assume is the boot liner - need to take everything out and test. Hope you get yours resolved.

Not got the creak noise but get a big thunk when going over speed bumps, which I assume is the boot liner - need to take everything out and test. Hope you get yours resolved.

I might be totally wrong here, but I know that some of the cars suffered problematic suspension mounts from new. Audi replace them upon investigation, maybe worth putting it in if your theory of the boot liner doesn't work.

Mate, I hope you are totally wrong too but that would certainly account for the thunk. Will test the boot liner theory tmw. Got a feeling that there is more to it now though. Ta for the heads up.

Mate, I hope you are totally wrong too but that would certainly account for the thunk. Will test the boot liner theory tmw. Got a feeling that there is more to it now though. Ta for the heads up.

No problem. There is more about that issue on the forum somewhere. It is overly common, don't worry about it.. the replacement mounts seem to rectify the faults from what I have heard.

No problem. There is more about that issue on the forum somewhere. It is overly common, don't worry about it.. the replacement mounts seem to rectify the faults from what I have heard.
Mate, turns out you were spot on correct. Left and right rear suspension top mounts have just been replaced under warranty. So, if others have a knocking "thunk" sound going over speed bumps/rough roads etc, that might be the cause. Hoping this will also rectify the traction control issue I've also experienced immediately after going over some speed bumps...

Mate, turns out you were spot on correct. Left and right rear suspension top mounts have just been replaced under warranty. So, if others have a knocking "thunk" sound going over speed bumps/rough roads etc, that might be the cause. Hoping this will also rectify the traction control issue I've also experienced immediately after going over some speed bumps...

Happy days, glad you got it sorted!
Occasionally I get a thud, but it is a thud and I just suspect it is the firm ride hitting very harsh bumps.

I very rarely get it, but will definitely monitor it.

I might be totally wrong here, but I know that some of the cars suffered problematic suspension mounts from new. Audi replace them upon investigation, maybe worth putting it in if your theory of the boot liner doesn't work.
They had 2 goes at it too eg a mk1 replacement was no good so they had to come up with a mk2!

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta