Crieff carshow/meet2014

b14ryk

Reaction score
Is there one on there this year think it was Easter last year

It was the end of March last year, but I've not heard anything about this year's meet.

Was speaking to Peter Chimes in the Audi garage who is part of the Classic events team and yes the Crieff meet is going ahead this year. Its still in the process of getting everything organised and then the date will be posted up. Was a good day last year apart from the snow. Good turn out of UR Quattros and RS4's though.

Last year had some very nice, and confusingly clean cars (given the road conditions on the way down). It was bloom in' cold though.

I'm due to be away with work first three weeks of March , so fingers crossed it's the last weekend in March ......would love to go.

Crieff is a fantastic meet went two years ago missed last years one as I was on holiday but will be going to this years meet!

Crieff is a fantastic meet went two years ago missed last years one as I was on holiday but will be going to this years meet!

Hopefully this won't clash with ASN Karting meet in March either, are you up for this one Murray? :racer:

Reactions: Brodster
Was bitterly cold last year wasn't it Marty........everyone wrapped up like a snowman but it was good to see some nice rare cars especially the only RS2 Avant.

Nice one will keep that date free as it was a good day out last year. They have a Facebook page for it but its not stating anything for this years event.

Facebook page has the date, despite the page being for last year's show. Location etc will be the same (Crieff Visitors Centre) and I'd wager morning start time again.

As for asn meet, it's already someone else's event but no reason we can't get together at the meet. They had the cars split up by model last year though, and was a case of sorting people as and when they arrived.

Facebook page has the date, despite the page being for last year's show. Location etc will be the same (Crieff Visitors Centre) and I'd wager morning start time again.

As for asn meet, it's already someone else's event but no reason we can't get together at the meet. They had the cars split up by model last year though, and was a case of sorting people as and when they arrived.

Maybe we could meet somewhere and all go in together, park up and take it from there. My first time at this event, so don't know the layout Marty.

We made a meet out of it last year so I see no reason why we cant do it again this year. Just be warned though guys if your car isnt an S/RS model it will be parked in the public carpark on the other side of the road. Its only the S/RS models allowed infront of the building for the gathering......oh and TT's

Reactions: RS5 JON
We made a meet out of it last year so I see no reason why we cant do it again this year. Just be warned though guys if your car isnt an S/RS model it will be parked in the public carpark on the other side of the road. Its only the S/RS models allowed infront of the building for the gathering......oh and TT's

That's me in the public car park then, lol! :drag:

I was wondering that too...........I've shot a mail to Peter who usually organises this and will report back as and when he replies as i wouldn't mind popping along myself

Cheers

Jim

Reactions: RS5 JON
Brian - you're bang on with the date mate.

Just had a wee chat with Peter and he's confirmed the 27th April for Crieff this year...

Hi folks

Steve here , The organiser of the event (please tell Peter to phone me trying to get a hold of him !)

Details of the event here , sorry in the delay of getting info up sooner but working offshore and new baby in the house don't have much time at the moment , Don't make a penny out of this and done as a pure enthusiast of Audi.

Have put together quick website just cover off info and getting there details .

With regard the parking on the day we did like to keep it model specific as made it more organised , have had feedback about non (rs) cars not getting priority but will be working on it this year to ensure we can try and keep everyone happy :)

Look forward to seeing you all there

All the best

Steve

Last edited:
Reactions: JimC64, Brodster and MartayMcFly
Cheers , This use to be my main forum until I went retro :eek:) , need to get my post count back up !

Hi folks

Steve here , The organiser of the event (please tell Peter to phone me trying to get a hold of him !)

Details of the event here , sorry in the delay of getting info up sooner but working offshore and new baby in the house don't have much time at the moment , Don't make a penny out of this and done as a pure enthusiast of Audi.

Have put together quick website just cover off info and getting there details .

With regard the parking on the day we did like to keep it model specific as made it more organised , have had feedback about non (rs) cars not getting priority but will be working on it this year to ensure we can try and keep everyone happy :)

Look forward to seeing you all there

All the best

Steve

Thanks Steve, not only for dropping by, but also for all you do to make this meet happen, Its usually a fantastic day out and must take a lot of organising.

Much appreciated

Jim

Where can I park mine? :D

IMG_204679118014574_zps282128f3.jpeg

Reactions: MartayMcFly and Brodster
I won't be back in the UK until the following week, and even then it'll be another few weeks before I can drive a manual again (broke my foot a couple of weeks back). Shame to miss it, was great to see so many RSs and quattros all gathered in one place last year. I'm sure this year's turn out will be even better given the significantly reduced chance of frost!

I'd also like to say thanks to Steve and the team for putting together such a successful gathering on their own time.

I won't be back in the UK until the following week, and even then it'll be another few weeks before I can drive a manual again (broke my foot a couple of weeks back). Shame to miss it, was great to see so many RSs and quattros all gathered in one place last year. I'm sure this year's turn out will be even better given the significantly reduced chance of frost!

I'd also like to say thanks to Steve and the team for putting together such a successful gathering on their own time.

I feel your pain Martay - ruptued my achilles tendon two weeks ago and will spend 12 weeks in plaster. Really grim :(

Not sure if i'll make the show or not, but given mines just a lowly wee TDI, that probably doesnt matter haha!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I'm planning on being there! Should be a good turn out, hopefully not as hung over as last year! lol

I feel your pain Martay - ruptued my achilles tendon two weeks ago and will spend 12 weeks in plaster. Really grim :(

Not sure if i'll make the show or not, but given mines just a lowly wee TDI, that probably doesnt matter haha!

I will pick you up mate as will be driving through Edinburgh.

Cheers fella - I'll wait and see, at the moment the date is sticking out in my head for some reason so not sure if i've something else on already anyway!

Will speak to you before then though.

Never been too anything with audis always been ford shows for me but will be at this with my 8l s3 :) look forward too it