Cruise Control Cost

Steuart64

Reaction score
About to take delivery of my 06 B7 A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Cabriolet.

Local Dealer (Aberdeen) wants £450 to fit, despite telling me when I first viewed the car it would be "around £250".

Anyone know where I can get a retro-fit at a reasonable price, relatively local to me?

Cant do it myself as not a good DIYer!!

Cheers

About to take delivery of my 06 B7 A4 3.0 TDI Quattro Cabriolet.

Local Dealer (Aberdeen) wants £450 to fit, despite telling me when I first viewed the car it would be "around £250".

Anyone know where I can get a retro-fit at a reasonable price, relatively local to me?

Cant do it myself as not a good DIYer!!

Cheers

Firstly i would go to other dealers or at least ring them and get quotes, its amazing how much you can save from one dealer to the next.

Not sure about retro-fitting mate, i dont know how much work is involved to be honest.

Cheers Dazmo

Its a start buthe next dealer is in Dundee and is owned by the same group!

Looks like a Glasgow trip!!

They are just trying it on mate, i got quoted £250 to fit it aswell from Derby Audi. Try ebay, there are mobile fitters who use all genuine parts.

Cheers Dazmo

Its a start buthe next dealer is in Dundee and is owned by the same group!

Looks like a Glasgow trip!!

Exactly as rowdy said they are trying it on.

If it were me i would get a quote from another dealer in writing(hopefully it will be £250) or many other dealers then take it to your aberdeen dealer and say i want you to match this or do the job at this price and prove what other dealers charge.

If they refuse i would put a formal complaint into audi uk and report them for trying to fleece you! when it clearly shows that all other dealers are offering this at such and such price, be it £250.

Worth a try mate.

Try http://www.vwcruise.com/ Gareth who owns the company will travel to Glasgow and do it all for £290 fitted. This includes the £50 call out fee.

I can really recommend him as he did mine last year and has done lots of others on here as well. He really knows his stuff so give him ring.

DO NOT pay £450!! The parts cost about £70 (cruise stalk and a new steering cowl) If you have a MFSW then chances are you don't need a new steering controller, but if you do I think they cost around £100.

Try http://www.vwcruise.com/ Gareth who owns the company will travel to Glasgow and do it all for £290 fitted. This includes the £50 call out fee.

I can really recommend him as he did mine last year and has done lots of others on here as well. He really knows his stuff so give him ring.

Wow ive never seen that site before

Are you telling me he can fit provide and fit a set of genuine audi xenons to my car for £350?

Think i might have to give this guy a bell.

Are you telling me he can fit provide and fit a set of genuine audi xenons to my car for £350?

Yep that's right! Like I said he's a top guy....he used to work for Audi and one of the other guy's that works for him worked for VW so they really know what there doing.

Yep that's right! Like I said he's a top guy....he used to work for Audi and one of the other guy's that works for him worked for VW so they really know what there doing.

I have almost every option on his list bar the xenons.:whistle2:

Although not sure if i can stretch to £400 just yet!!:scared2:

Dazmo - I have just noticed your bhp and torque figures.......**** me i bet that's fun!

Dazmo - I have just noticed your bhp and torque figures.......**** me i bet that's fun!

Hell yes mate, although the BHP is not yet confirmed as ive just had it remapped again and waiting for ECU to learn the new map before getting official figures, however straight after the map the car had 585ish Nm torque and had only gained about 10bhp so hopefully this should increase by a lot.(it better do or i wont be happy)

standard 233bhp, after map 240bhp (yet to increase)
standard torque around 485, after map so far 585nm torque

I estimate the car should have around 270-280bhp after a good run in, if not i may have it mapped again as it should be gaining at least 25-30% power.

Going back next week to check current power and torque.

Im also now running her on v-power diesel and have installed an ITG panel filter.

Erm, no. It will be an aftermarket kit. So no headlamp washers or auto levelling, which will be an MOT requirement for HIDs quite soon.

Quote from his site-
"We Offer Aftermarket Xenon Light Upgrade Kits. This Upgrades your Standard Headlights to Xenon Gas High Intensity Discharge Headlights."

Erm, no. It will be an aftermarket kit. So no headlamp washers or auto levelling, which will be an MOT requirement for HIDs quite soon.

Quote from his site-
"We Offer Aftermarket Xenon Light Upgrade Kits. This Upgrades your Standard Headlights to Xenon Gas High Intensity Discharge Headlights."

Yeah saw that the other day mate, dont think ill be bothering with anything after market for £400!!:scared2:

I had Gareth fit cruise to my old car and the dealer fitted it to my new car for £240 (it does have the MFSW though so probably didn’t need the interface). Got Gareth back in to fit SatNav and Bluetooth though, so I can highly recommend J

Gonna do this myself in the next couple of weeks. Looks fairly straight forward and I have the MFSW so it should be a cheap mod.

If you don't fancy doing this yourself, then perhaps vwcruise would be your best option?

The plot thickens!

Took advice from you all and contacted Audi dealers in Glasgow and Ayr - they both quoted £125.00!!!!

Aberdeen Audi queried that I had given the other dealers my vehicles details as they still reckon its a special mod! Well all were given chassis number and model! He then said £450.00 was a ball park figure - :wtf: it is WELL OUT the ball park!!

Service manager said he would look into it and come back to me - nearly a week ago. Well no return call!

I dont hold out much hope as when I went into the dealership on Friday said service manager admitted he didnt know how to change a rear tail light bulb in my car - I wonder how he manages/supervises his staff if he doesnt know the basics?

So - a trip to see Mother, get the cruise fitted and find a better service establishment in my area!!

Thanks to all that helped

Good luck with it.

I fitted cruise on the weekend which was fairly painless. If you were closer I would give you a hand..

Cheers
Rich.

I have had a couple of jobs done by Hazydayz ( VWCRUISE ) and they are very good and know there stuff... thoroughly recommend them!