Cruise control fitting?

thwaitesy

Reaction score
Hi is there Anyone around the watford/ herts area that can fit the cruise control for me i have the parts thanks

The fitting of the unit is pretty easy, you need someone to do the coding on VCDS/Vagcom.

Disconnect the battery

There are two spline/torque screws in the back of the steering wheel to release the airbag, remove them.

Disconnect the airbag

There is a spline holding the steering wheel in place, remove it and wheel will come off.

Remove upper and lower cowel around steering column

The existing stalk just clips in place so look on your new stalk for the clips and remove the OEM stalk.

Clip the new one in place and reverse all the above.

Vagcom is then needed to tell the car there is now a cruise option. Shouldn't take more than 30mins

Bear in mind that not all steering wheel controllers will accept CC, so depending what is currently fitted you may need the controller as well.

Give me a PM if interested fella. I am only in Enfield so not too far. Have fitted for many on here.

Not quite as simple as mentioned as above. Took me about an hour together with some research on the web.
First check which module is fitted. VCDS will scan and give info.
If ok, proceed as above in i.e. disconnect battery leave key in ignition with steering lock off, before removing airbag.
Clock spring unit needs to be secured/stopped from rotating before removal. Then a module below the steering column requires to be unplugged. It's a tricky job as one clip is hidden round the back and other requires a 1.5mm rod to be put through a small hole in the front, so clip can be undone. Two controller modules then need programming vis VCDS.
If you feel your not confident. best leave it to someone in the know. Few members on here are ace at CC installs.

Dannykn9 fitted the cruise control in my S3 on friday mate, done a professional job and ensured was working correctly before leaving - would recommend him mate :)

how do i pm? trying to contact danny. i could do it myself i have the tools but not worth me doing and getting it wrong plus i need vagcomi have a friend with a edition 30 but dont trust him on my car

i may have done it now sorry knew to the forum cheers