Cruise Control part numbers

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
After finally deciding to keep my car and put up with the expensive fuel bills im going to start doing the mods i've put off. 1st up im going to tackle cruise control! I've searched and got plenty of instructions on how to actually do the mod but cant find a definative list of the part numbers needed. Its an '02 B6 saloon so it seems I need:

1 x replacement steering wheel control module
1 x cruise control stalk
1 x replacement steering column cowling

Can anyone provide me a part numbers list for these items?

Cheers,

Nick.

do a search mate- im sure 'neil s' has done this mod and he posted all the part numbers on there aswell

chris_20 said:
do a search mate- im sure 'neil s' has done this mod and he posted all the part numbers on there aswell

Done a search and couldnt find any part numbers for the A4 B6, loads over on the A3 forum though!! I remember Neil S's post a few weeks back on this, i'll PM him I think :icon_thumright:

has anyone done this on an oil burner (52 reg 1.9TDi)?

I would be interested in doing this. What sort of costs are involved for diesels? Also is it affected by remaps?

thanks
Paul

For the record...

1 x 8E0 953 549 N Steering wheel control module
1 x 8E0 953 521 D Cruise control stork
1 x 8E0 953 512 L Colour Code: 3ZQ - Lower trim part Martitime blue
2 x N 909 068 01 M2 screws

Colour code will differ for the new lower trim part.

You will also need

1 x T55 socket bit
1 x T15 screwdriver
1 x T8 screwdriver with 60mm reach. These are suitable from Maplin, just trim the plastic so it fits in the hole to take off the lower trim...

15 piece precision screwdriver set from Maplin (code: N25CX) for a fiver (it has a 50mm shaft) and trimmed 10mm of the plastic off the end of the shaft to give me 60mm length with which to fit in the hole...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=-186&criteria=N25CX&doy=21m2

bonerp said:
has anyone done this on an oil burner (52 reg 1.9TDi)?

I would be interested in doing this. What sort of costs are involved for diesels? Also is it affected by remaps?

thanks
Paul

Costs about £110 for the module and about £50 for the lower cowl, stork and screws.

Vag-com license required for part of the enablement process, about £50 for that, plus a shareware cable from ebay for about £15.

It shouldn't be affected by remaps or anything.

hmm sounds a bit technical. Dont even have vagcom. I'll see what the stealer will charge!!!

What a result, whilst pricing up the bits for my cruise control retrofit i've discovered I already have fitted the correct steering wheel control module thus saving myself the £85. Cruise control for £41, bargain!!!!! Now, should I spend the money i've saved on some xenons or alu mirrors???

is the cruse stalk for the 2002 models a replacement indicator stalk with cruise buttons or a seperate stalk altogether?

samuelt said:
is the cruse stalk for the 2002 models a replacement indicator stalk with cruise buttons or a seperate stalk altogether?
It's a separate stalk just below the indicator stalk.