Cruise control retrofitted

T

T-800

Hi All,

Bought a Cruise control retrofit kit from VW Teeside fitted it Saturday, quite straightforward really even the removal and refit of the Airbag caused no problems ;)

Kit even came with the relevant coding info and VW Teeside were very helpful too.

On a different subject, after having the software update when i had the service and brakes done, i noticed the car was not being held as well on inclines (HHA) so while doing the coding i checked this and it had been turned off ?! Strange ! anyway its back on now so all is good again, perhaps the software update changes a couple of the settings maybe ?

Reactions: 45bvtc
On a different subject, after having the software update when i had the service and brakes done, i noticed the car was not being held as well on inclines (HHA) so while doing the coding i checked this and it had been turned off ?! Strange ! anyway its back on now so all is good again, perhaps the software update changes a couple of the settings maybe ?

Normal, as they returned the coding to the factory state, which is done on fw updates :)

VW Teesside recommended, they fitted the cruise for me a couple of weeks ago as well as supplying the kit because I wasn't fussed about DIY. Took them less than an hour and the price was less than it would have proportionately cost me to do it.

Mine has never had HHA turned on from new. I actually missed it when I swapped the S3 for the RS3. So does it work well on the RS3?