Cup & coin holder removal

drewbee

Reaction score
my cup holder seems to be broken, doenst hold a drink in it, and the coin holder doesnt seem to be be spring loaded, when you pull it out, it slides itself back in.

want to replace these items, and idea where i can get new ones and how to fit?

oh and it was like that when i got it. not my fault LOL

many thanks :noway:

haha! i spent 3hrs sat in the car working this out last night as i want to install an iphone dock into my coin tray!

pull off the top surround above the cup / coin holder. then if you get a small flat head screw driver you should see on top of the cup holder there are two little square cut outs right at the edge in the plastic.. push down with the screw drivers and pull on the cup holder at the same time and it should release.. repeat this for each section and all should pull out!

As above but you also need to pull the stereo foward about 50mm ( well you do in a avant ) as for where to get them, uaual places ebay-ebay-de, but get illuminated ones and do the mod, if yours dosen't already have it.

haha! i spent 3hrs sat in the car working this out last night as i want to install an iphone dock into my coin tray!

pull off the top surround above the cup / coin holder. then if you get a small flat head screw driver you should see on top of the cup holder there are two little square cut outs right at the edge in the plastic.. push down with the screw drivers and pull on the cup holder at the same time and it should release.. repeat this for each section and all should pull out!

Will the iphone dock actually fit in there? I didn't think of that!

Cabs are different they have a compartment above the coin/cup holders dont no how to get out, but do no that there are 2 different thickness so when you buy one make sure you buy the cab ones(there thicker) unless you can take the front off them and switch round

Will the iphone dock actually fit in there? I didn't think of that!

well i got a cheap one off eBay as it needed trimming slightly to fit, but it did fit quite snug once in...
However, it didn't last too long as a roundabout simulation would have meant my iPhone would have been somewhere in the passenger foot well.. So back to the drawing board!