Cup holder cuffuffle!!

Steveo_A3_1.8t

Reaction score
After ordering a Saturday morning drive thru McDonalds, I placed my latte in the cup holder and drove off, shortly after realising that the lunch who made it didn't put the lid on properly, and the inevitable happened.

The next day it was glued shut!!

Just spent ages cleaning the goop out of it with brake cleaner.

Any one had this before or am I unlucky?

I had it when i bought the car i thought at first it was impossible to open and they had glued it in but they didn't i took the facia off and got the whole unit out and soaked it in wd40 and a couple other cleaners/degreasers. I think mine was stuck with coke and had been for a long time as the spring was pretty slack in it but with alot of opening and closing and wd40 mine works a charm now :D if you have any problems give us a pm im know the ins and outs of the cup holder :p

mine is abit temprimental...it decides to open when it was...and all my dash buttons are alittle stiff makes me belive there has been something spilt on them previously... was wondering how to clean these the other day..

If you take the facia off around the cup holder hazard button it just pops off no screws, and then you can take the cup holder out there are two clips which can be depressed with two small flat head screwdrivers and that should pull straight out. The audio system you need to buy two removal keys (£2) to take that out the buttons on this might be difficult to clean as they don't come off without splitting the stereo in half. The climate control unit will just pull out now and all the buttons on this unit will pop off use a real small screwdriver to pop them out go carefull because you can remove the paint on these really easy.

If you want a new climate control i have a spare with is completly black all buttons sprayed black as they were all worn off, works perfectly just looked used when i got it so i sprayed it up but got bored of it so bought another decent one. Pm if you want

Grazam

If you take the facia off around the cup holder hazard button it just pops off no screws, and then you can take the cup holder out there are two clips which can be depressed with two small flat head screwdrivers and that should pull straight out. The audio system you need to buy two removal keys (£2) to take that out the buttons on this might be difficult to clean as they don't come off without splitting the stereo in half. The climate control unit will just pull out now and all the buttons on this unit will pop off use a real small screwdriver to pop them out go carefull because you can remove the paint on these really easy.

If you want a new climate control i have a spare with is completly black all buttons sprayed black as they were all worn off, works perfectly just looked used when i got it so i sprayed it up but got bored of it so bought another decent one. Pm if you want

Grazam

lol fk tht knowing me i will break it!! ill see if someone wants to help me do it!

Lol didn't look before writing :p ahwell just get a wd40 can and spray the crap out of it :p and keep moving it back and forwards

Never use mine. Too scared of getting an extremely moist RNSe
It was a stroke of pure genius to put the cupholder above the stereo and climate control unit

I spilt hot chocolate on mine, it hasn't seen the light of day for two years now