Cup holder divider?

bomp306

Reaction score
I didn't get the storage pack option so have plain cup holders, just wondered if there is anything meant to go between the two cup holders in the rectangle cut out?

I can confirm my P30 Pro fits there with the case. However I normally put my phone near the USB-C ports. Also since the phone does wobble in the gap bewteen the cupholders, guess overtime the phone will get damaged. if you have a thicker phone and it doesn't actually wobble there, I would say put the phone there (with a case of course)!

I didn't get the storage pack option so have plain cup holders, just wondered if there is anything meant to go between the two cup holders in the rectangle cut out?

Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Screenshot 20210828 235601 Samsung Internet

Not missing anything other than the fold away semi circle bits.

This shows you what the storage pack cupholders look like:

Hi - Does the one with the storage pack have a rubber insert? the standard one is just plastic and everything rattles around.

Hi guys, just got my hands on the new cupholder. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction of assembling it? I have no idea how to open the center to get to the cupholder. Thanks!

Hi

Just read this post if the part number 8Y0 862 145 for the plastic circular clips to upgrade the standard cup holder?

Did you get your upgraded part fitted ok? If yes any help would be helpful

Thanks

Hi guys, just got my hands on the new cupholder. Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction of assembling it? I have no idea how to open the center to get to the cupholder. Thanks!
Hi Did you get the cup holder upgrade fitted ok in the end ?

I want to do the same any help would be great

No I did not manage to make it work. I think the entire thing underneath the armrest in the middle of the car has to come out since the cupholder is attached from underneath. Not worth the hassle for me. Although, the new facelift model now has ambient lighting in the cupholders. So if I can get my hands on one of those, I most definitely will try again :)

No I did not manage to make it work. I think the entire thing underneath the armrest in the middle of the car has to come out since the cupholder is attached from underneath. Not worth the hassle for me. Although, the new facelift model now has ambient lighting in the cupholders. So if I can get my hands on one of those, I most definitely will try again :)
Thought it was very poor and penny pinching again by Audi not to have the cup holders illuminated anyway

Thought it was very poor and penny pinching again by Audi not to have the cup holders illuminated anyway
Yes I totally agree. Also the new ambient lighting on the mid console should have been in the car from the beginning.

I rather think the adapters should have been there from the beginning, don't care much about lights. And just wondering what those lights could have done to delivery times during the worst chip shortage, when they were stripping even some basic LED stuff.

What do you mean with adapters? But yes that is a valid point. However, I think they cheap out on a lot of stuff. To get the extra ambient lighting, you now have an ambient lighting pack pro, and it costs even more lol.

I mean these springed knobs that keep different sized cups in place:

I think the U-shaped plastic strips used in the original upgraded version of cupholders weren't much better than without. But those knobs are good, I had those in Golf back in the day. Though the springs were so hard they squished some taller cans. :sweatsmile:

Audi's equipment policy is indeed quite illogical sometimes. There are some pretty basic stuff you have to note to add yourself and which don't even cost much anything, but they just aren't there as standard. Like lumbar support in the seats. That cost, what, 150 €. Not saying it should cost more, but rather why not standardize them and just add few euros to the car basic price?