cup holder?

James Moore

Reaction score
is there a way to get a cup holder for a s reg 8L up near the hazard light?

not sure, it has a blank, then rear heater, then hazard, then 2 blanks, i pulled out the blanks andn are in fact 2 square slots, looks like i would have to cut the middle out?

Last edited:
Being an S reg the only cup holder available for the prefacelift was found in the arm rest. As said previously you could install a facelift centre console to have a cupholder but not too sure on the work needed. There is someone on here thats done it, believe he is called danio

This is the cupholder you want lads.

4800-img-1498-large.jpg

This is the part number...need an armrest though.

4803-img-1499-large.jpg

I have a facelift centre console with cup holder, climate control, and storage bin available.

i have a arm rest, but felt to have cups in there would be a pain to change gears?

Speaking of the interior, can i replace this compartment between the AC and ashtray with something else OEM? Thing wont stay closed, but i dont see myself using it even if it did work.

compartment.jpg

^^^You can replace the unit but its not cheap lol

Could i get something else that goes there? Ive seen people people move the AC down there in order to fit a multimedia system with gps where the radio is, since it obviously take up 2 slots. Mabey it actually fits down there, or its a costum job, not sure.

edit: its probably too wide, was just wondering if you had the option of deciding what went into those sections besides the AC, when the car was bought. Mabey as extras.

I THINK you have to purchase a different A/C system due to width as as far as I know the 'fascia' isn't replacable

I have a lower A/C unit available if your interested PM me.
You will need the double DIN cage setup for it to fit.