Cup holders in pre-facelift 8L

wagon

**** locked and ready to rock
Reaction score
hi all,

just a quick one, i have a pre face lift s3 (w reg), and was thinking were there any cup holders fitted as an option in this model.

like in the arm rest. i have an arm rest and was going to "retro fit" so stiff black foam in to use, but if theres a part i can buy from audi which is supposed to fit in the gap that would be alot better.

anyone.?:whistle2:

the prefacelift has cup holders in the glovebox lid.

not exactly a holder but a circular flat surface.

the prefacelift has cup holders in the glovebox lid.

not exactly a holder but a circular flat surface.

thought as much, but they are ball bags. so i think ill go with my foam idea.

got a few ideas so ill do a write up when i get the car back.

The pre facelift dash should have a cup holder that springs out above the stereo to the left. But if you have heated seats like me, then the cup holder is lost, and you have heated seat switches instead. Stupid design really, but that's the way it is.

The pre facelift dash should have a cup holder that springs out above the stereo to the left. But if you have heated seats like me, then the cup holder is lost, and you have heated seat switches instead. Stupid design really, but that's the way it is.

yep ive got heated seats. again gutted :( dont use and wont ever use them..... i know that for a fact as i hate the feeling of a hot ****.

I love having heated seats but hate the weight they bring

cool take some pics, u could make a tutorial out of it. :)

on my 98(s) 1.8t i've got cup holders in the glovebox and also in the armrest when you lift it up so there must've been a part audi fitted as an extra?

Didn't think you could get dash cupholders in pre-facelift a3, i bought twin cupholders for my armrest, ill find the part number in a sec.

edit: 8L0862533B AQ4

Mines got two cup holders in it.....my hands!.

How does one drive when using your two hands as cup holders?

Mind control perhaps A3TOM? :D

There you go mate,

P1943_05-06-09.jpg

nice one

is that in a 8l?????

also take it, its a piece of **** to fit... just clips in etc. only one part number to buy.???

cheers mate,

sorry, just looked at your profile, saw youve got a 99 a3. will teach me to look next time. :)

nice one

is that in a 8l?????

also take it, its a piece of **** to fit... just clips in etc. only one part number to buy.???

cheers mate,

Doesn't even clip in, its just placed in, but sits flush and doesn't move about.

How much are they? In fact i cant see when you'd ever use it unless you do alot of motorway miles as the armrest is quite sh#tly designed, its just in the way and not realy useable.

How much are they? In fact i cant see when you'd ever use it unless you do alot of motorway miles as the armrest is quite sh#tly designed, its just in the way and not realy useable.

This is true, because ive become used to the armrest, if i put a drink in it, i sometimes inadvertently knock it with my elbow when i get in the car.

I paid about £25 for it from ebay, but its about £35 from dealers i think.

off topic here, but DJ-S3, your sig pic is FAR too big.

Cup holders look good, but I'm so used to the arm rest now, i'd find it hard not to put my arm in my drinks! Plus I keep watches and **** in the armrest.

Jojo- the 8L never did get a cup holder in the dash like in the seat leon dash you're probably thinking of. at least not in the UK anyway.

There was a thread years ago about the leon cup holders, and loads of people went and bought them, but never reported back with any success.

8l's do come with a cup holder mine does atleast, just above the radio on the left didnt work wen i first got it but a bit of aggression with a credit card soon got it unstuck lol made me love the car soo much more since its worked :D

8l's do come with a cup holder mine does atleast, just above the radio on the left didnt work wen i first got it but a bit of aggression with a credit card soon got it unstuck lol made me love the car soo much more since its worked :D

Has your car got single unit headlights? If so then you have a facelift and there will be a cup holder in your dash, only the facelifted 8ls had cup holders in the dash

yea i know mines a face lift i was just replying to prawn as he said 8l's never came with them could the cup holder from a facelift model not be retrofitted to the pre facelift?

I know it's an old post, but figured it better than to make a new seeing as it has some info.

Anyone know the part number for the mentioned cup holder?
I currently have heated seats but they are being swapped for some profi XL's so would love a cupholder instead of some unusable buttons!

can you not hack in the TT's cup holders?

hmmm tried to upload a 298KB file and it is too large for the server?

Thanks!
8L0862534F
Looks like a facelift cupholder, but i'll be ordering one and see if i can make it fit :)