Cup Holders

Kestrel

It's my birthday
Reaction score
Just read the report (Our Cars) in the current Auto Express.
There is criticism of the size of the cup-holders...saying they are only large enough for cans.
That may be true but has anyone really had a problem with them?

Personally, I hate cup holders and never ever use them. I would much rather have a storage compartment with a cover.

I rather agree with you there, `duffbeerman`.
My previous few cars have all had covers over the cup holders and I swore that I would never again buy a car with uncovered holders.
Then I saw the inside of the new A4 and all that determination went out the window!

Cup holders are for certain peoples who love to drink coffee whilst they are driving. Yes they should be removed as they encourage distraction and in their place a sun glasses container..

I was going to ask about the size of the cup holders - I suspect my current thermos mug is going to be too big.

And yes I like cup holders - but can you not get storage tubs or ashtrays to put in the cup holders to 'convert' them?

I've had Starbucks etc in mine fine, not an issue size wise. I usually chuck my keys in the right hand one anyway so it's a useful pocket for them if nothing else.

its fine for average sizes + love the led lights surrounding them :D

Think in good location much better than previous B8. Have no issues fitting Contigo flask or Starbucks etc in cup holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, so there is hope my thermos mug will fit - I will find out this day next week :)

@cuke2u - from the A4 accessories catalog -

Upload 2016 8 25 6 57 25

At what price, and whether it is any better than the cup holders remain to be seen ..

I agree about them being useless. I don't think drinking whilst driving, even if it is only coffee, is a good idea so never use them but I have found a wireless phone charger that is designed to fit so at least one is put to good use.

I don't mind them being there but I wish it had a cover of some sort so I could use it as storage. Couldn't give a toss about the LED light.

I agree about them being useless. I don't think drinking whilst driving, even if it is only coffee, is a good idea so never use them but I have found a wireless phone charger that is designed to fit so at least one is put to good use.
they're not, I regularly drive long distances and I always have a bottle of water in the cup holder to make sure I'm fully hydrated rather than making 2/3 stops at a service station for a gulp of water. Driving dehydrated will affect your concentration adversely and drinking certainly doesn't take your eyes off the road any more than picking a track, radio station, phone contact or drive select setting on the mmi

Personally I would find taking a rest break far better and safer than fumbling about for a drink, unscrewing the top, drinking from it then placing the top back on again...

Personally I would find taking a rest break far better and safer than fumbling about for a drink, unscrewing the top, drinking from it then placing the top back on again...

Agree 100%

Reactions: cuke2u

... and getting a ticket for driving without due care.

Reactions: cuke2u
fumbling about for a drink? good grief, if you're incapable of grabbing a bottle of water from the cup holder without taking your eye off the road and keeping control of your car then I can't imagine what difficulty you'll have operating the MMI and Virtual Cockpit whilst on the move

Reactions: Rob_F
Good thing I've got lane assist ;)

Reactions: Rob_F, maui and Daggerit