Cupholder / Footwell / Steel pedals

Sve

Reaction score
First, huge props to @RobinA3 for supplying me with the kits for the cupholder and the footwells. Really nice guy, helped me with so much stuff throughout the mounting process. Much appreciated ! Quality of the products and the service were top notch, so definitely recommended seller!

Now, to the main point. I purchased the LED cupholder strip from what is supposed to be a "trusted seller" on eBay - LED Lamp Tuning Drinks Holder Original Audi a3 s3 rs3 8v LED Module OVP! | eBay

However, after a successfull installation, the LED strip appeared to not be a completely thick light, but a sort of divided strip, where the upper part is somewhat "shaded" and has a sort of non-illuminated black strip, and the lower part is the actual white light.

I am attaching couple of images to describe what it looks like:

Viber image 2021 01 19 22 26 48
Viber image 2021 01 19 22 26 47

Can you guys tell whether it is supposed to be like this, or I had been fu**ed up with a chinese knock off ?

As of the steel pedals - given the experience with the LED strip, where would you suggest purchasing them from guys ? I really want to have a gen quality product. Is BKS-Tuning a thrustworthy website - https://www.bks-tuning.com/oem-audi-vw-alu-sport-pedals.html

Last edited:
I got my metal pedals from Ebay Audi
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/huntingdonaudi?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Why would you spend over $100 for metal pedals and you get charged 30% customs and tax on top of that for shipping to the UK.
This is a UK forum so unsure where you are from.
Either way I paid £50.00 for OEM pedals which is about $65.00 + Customs as its over $50.00

Why would you spend over $100 for metal pedals and you get charged 30% customs and tax on top of that for shipping to the UK.
Either way I paid £50.00 for OEM pedals which is about $65.00 + Customs as its over $50.00
I am currently based in Bulgaria. BKS seems to be German based company so I won't be paying any customs taxes. However, due to brexit, now I will have to pay such, if I purchase from UK. Anyways, since my negative experience with the cupholder, I am now down with paying a bit extra and having a gen product, so I will go with your suggestion if no one else comes up with anything else within the EU.

Just speak to your local audi dealer and show them the UK price. I am sure they can come close as its all Audi.
Can't really see your cup holder pictures, can you shoot it a bit further out so we can see the whole thing in one picture?
If your not happy with the lights, just ask the seller for a refund.

Just speak to your local audi dealer and show them the UK price. I am sure they can come close as its all Audi.
Can't really see your cup holder pictures, can you shoot it a bit further out so we can see the whole thing in one picture?
If your not happy with the lights, just ask the seller for a refund.
I just emailed my local dealer, thing is that they're not much cooperative. They have been taken their license recently and now they are not allowed to service warranty vehicles as well as RS models.
Looking to the cupholders in person - the upper "shade" is quite visible. However, shooting it in the dark with a phone camera - it is not as the camera catches only the light and cannot "differentiate' the dark part. Thus, I took closer shots with the lowest possible exposure in order to show what is the issue. I will try making more shots tomorrow, but I think it is quite visible from the ones I uploaded that only half of the strip is illuminated, the other half is sort of "greyed out". I already messaged the seller and asked him for either a refund or exchange. My idea posting about the cupholder was to compare with other people having it and if it just like this - I will have to live with it, if it's not - I will have to make a return and source out a new one.

By the way, I just noticed that huntingdon audi pedals are RHD and my car is LHD with a different foot rest pedal....

That's crazy about your local Audi.
Just get the pedals from my link. They are good seller and genuine, also cheaper than your link.
I personally have not seen those cup holder lights before, they look like a good idea in principle.

First, huge props to @RobinA3 for supplying me with the kits for the cupholder and the footwells. Really nice guy, helped me with so much stuff throughout the mounting process. Much appreciated ! Quality of the products and the service were top notch, so definitely recommended seller!

Now, to the main point. I purchased the LED cupholder strip from what is supposed to be a "trusted seller" on eBay - LED Lamp Tuning Drinks Holder Original Audi a3 s3 rs3 8v LED Module OVP! | eBay

However, after a successfull installation, the LED strip appeared to not be a completely thick light, but a sort of divided strip, where the upper part is somewhat "shaded" and has a sort of non-illuminated black strip, and the lower part is the actual white light.

I am attaching couple of images to describe what it looks like:

View attachment 214645 View attachment 214646

Can you guys tell whether it is supposed to be like this, or I had been fu**ed up with a chinese knock off ?

As of the steel pedals - given the experience with the LED strip, where would you suggest purchasing them from guys ? I really want to have a gen quality product. Is BKS-Tuning a thrustworthy website - https://www.bks-tuning.com/oem-audi-vw-alu-sport-pedals.html

Thanks for the feedback Sve!

If you look at https://rocketwires.co.uk/rocket-wires there are a few images of other 8V cupholders so will give you an idea if your set up is how it is meant to be.