CURBING ALLOY WHEELS

celica

Reaction score
Why do Audi like many other car makers design alloy wheels to protrude rather than be dished.With low profile tyres and high curbs its a nightmare when parking in tight spaces, just a thought

Because big wheels they make the car look good, and good looking cars sell! Not to mention the amount of money they make when tyres need to be replaced, but enthusiasts like us never get our tyres from stealers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Radwo,

There is a guy who refurbs alloys in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, only a few miles from you. He is very good and only charged me about £45 for a R32 18" alloy to be done.

Let me know if you want his details and i will dig them out.

Anyway nice to see someone from else from Hertforshire.

thanks tdi-line i'll get intouch if i really bolxx them

My wife has three words ringing in her ears every time she borrows my car...

" WATCH MY ALLOYS !! "

I've heard she parks so far away from kerbs she has to take a bus to the pavement.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Thought it was just me that said this to the wife.

I don't know why,but I'd be more upset if she kerbed the alloys than scraped a bumper....
I've always taken pride in the fact that,in nearly 20 years of company cars,the rims have remained unmarked when they go back.

Oh i hit my first curb 2 weeks ago when messing about in the snow.

Not much damage done to it just a bit scraped round the edge.

My mates who where in the car at the time were not very simpathetic at the time.

I am gutted and they say "Oh sh*t thats f*cked mate i can't wait to see that wheel".

I will have my revenge!! Ha ha.

If you kerbed it in that manner,(I'm assuming you maybe broadsided into a kerb) have you checked the tracking hasn't been knocked out ?

I wish the threat of kerbing was only restricted to when my wife parks...
Unfortunately it can happen when she drives as well.
Apart from the fact she drives way too close to the edge, (I know exactly how many drains there are between our house and town..) left hand junctions are a bundle of fun too.
She basically turns in far too early,forgetting about the rear wheels.
It scares the bejesus out of me.

Nuff said mate, we have all been there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

bowfer

I'm going to print your reply to show the wife, she thinks it's my fault that I make an uneasy passenger when she's driving. She's not a bad driver exactly, just ' drives over every drain, turns in too early on left hand junctions forgetting about the rear nearside wheel ' that's what makes me uneasy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Then show the "little woman" (phrase only to be used whilst wearing full face helmet) how to park without kerbing.
Angle kerbside mirror down and reverse into space - with s/wheel on hard lock, gently nudge the kerb with front tyre, then straighten up. My dear wife now always parks like that, even in her focus - and robert's your mother's brother.
Mind you she still scuffed the bumper on a neighbour's car yesterday (her car - not mine!!!)...