Currently test Driving [emoji7]

Detail Devil

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just grabbed the keys off my son and having a looooooong test drive. Wow!!!!! I’m amazed at the engine note and tone when in RS individual mode with Drive System set to Dynamic. I’ll be honest (for me) it’s fine and OPF removal will of course make it louder, but I’m impressed with how it sounds inside and out. Drive wise, it’s just a dream. Refined at low speeds, easy and comfortable. When the power is put down, it just Goooooooo’s. No drama (other than the sound) I’ve so far driven on M-way, B roads and lots of twisty roads. I can’t fault it. I do feel the slight lag low down, but I’m sure once the ECU is cracked that will be sorted by a good map. Interior wise, could definitely do with some colour, as per the European specs, but again I know this is already being discussed on here. One area I’d definitely get PPFd is the Piano Black centre console. It’s gonna get general attrition and likely to scratch. Easy enough to sort. Right I’m off for some more driving. Will post more updates later
e35e894030ee19120d575f7001969384.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, Mike.46 and 5 others
Well just back after 3 hours of fun. I really can’t fault the car. The launch control is incredible, and that’s in wet/damp conditions. The car just squats down at the back and takes off. Made my tummy go over. I like to sit with the seat at its lowest position, and this prevented me from fully viewing the HUD, but as I’ve ordered a carbon black edition that’s not an issue.
Other than the addition of “colour” within the interior, I’m personally very very pleased with the all round car. Can’t wait to get mine

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan, RS03??? and 2 others
Well just back after 3 hours of fun. I really can’t fault the car. The launch control is incredible, and that’s in wet/damp conditions. The car just squats down at the back and takes off. Made my tummy go over. I like to sit with the seat at its lowest position, and this prevented me from fully viewing the HUD, but as I’ve ordered a carbon black edition that’s not an issue.
Other than the addition of “colour” within the interior, I’m personally very very pleased with the all round car. Can’t wait to get mine

You can adjust the HUD in the MMI settings and put it up for seat adjustments ect

Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03??? and Daggerit
(am just joking) but taking the photo with the bottom of the steering wheel cut off won't make it look any smaller :tongueclosed:

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, HereWeGo and 1 other person
(am just joking) but taking the photo with the bottom of the steering wheel cut off won't make it look any smaller :tongueclosed:

Makes it look better tho

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile
True story pmsl

Audi missed a trick I think.

Imagine when they were putting together the interior shots if they decided to move the edge of the picture further up.

Zee fill not tell them about the waggon wheel until they take delivery

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06

What Audi cars have you owned before?

Reactions: Waq1
What Audi cars have you owned before?

In terms of actual ownership- RS4 B7
Have lost count with the amount of week & weekend test cars I’ve driven, as my son has worked for Audi for the last 8 years, hence gets access to just about everything. The CBS scheme also allows ten luxury of a brand new car every 6 months, which is great for my wife. I almost bought an 8V RS3 saloon earlier this year, but decided to wait. As I said in my overview, I was impressed with the Ride quality and it’s so well suited to British roads. Let’s be honest, we all knew it would be quick, and handle well, but I didn’t expect such a comfortable ride. As for launching it, the way the back end digs in and squats down, just makes it’s pretty staggering off the line. Will be out in it again soon, as have another drive scheduled

Reactions: Jcbmally
In terms of actual ownership- RS4 B7
Have lost count with the amount of week & weekend test cars I’ve driven, as my son has worked for Audi for the last 8 years, hence gets access to just about everything. The CBS scheme also allows ten luxury of a brand new car every 6 months, which is great for my wife. I almost bought an 8V RS3 saloon earlier this year, but decided to wait. As I said in my overview, I was impressed with the Ride quality and it’s so well suited to British roads. Let’s be honest, we all knew it would be quick, and handle well, but I didn’t expect such a comfortable ride. As for launching it, the way the back end digs in and squats down, just makes it’s pretty staggering off the line. Will be out in it again soon, as have another drive scheduled

But you haven't mentioned the interior build/materials quality and kets be honest after the honeymoon/launch period is over the interior....gets the attention of every owner ergo the actual living with car the 8Y's achilles Heel...interior....

Reactions: Jcbmally, Waq1, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
But you haven't mentioned the interior build/materials quality and kets be honest after the honeymoon/launch period is over the interior....gets the attention of every owner ergo the actual living with car the 8Y's achilles Heel...interior....

Vauxhall interior

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

I agree. The interior is a letdown for us UK folk. Personally the materials I feel are ok as well as the quality(just my opinion) It’s made worse by the fact that we don’t get a choice like the European market does. Should that be a deal breaker???? I guess for some yes, but I like others look at the “whole car” and having looked in to and discussed on here about altering the interior to the European spec (I.e red vents, alcantara wheel, seats with red stitching, seat belts with red pinstripe, again for me it’s not insurmountable as being in the motor trade, I have a network of peeps who can conduct this at trade prices. Again this is just my personal opinion/preference and whilst I guess Audi could have done more and provided the choice of interior, they haven’t, so I guess

1, you put up with it
2, you upgrade it
3, you buy a different vehicle

Best
DD

Reactions: Jcbmally and Add_Profile
I agree. The interior is a letdown for us UK folk. Personally the materials I feel are ok as well as the quality(just my opinion) It’s made worse by the fact that we don’t get a choice like the European market does. Should that be a deal breaker???? I guess for some yes, but I like others look at the “whole car” and having looked in to and discussed on here about altering the interior to the European spec (I.e red vents, alcantara wheel, seats with red stitching, seat belts with red pinstripe, again for me it’s not insurmountable as being in the motor trade, I have a network of peeps who can conduct this at trade prices. Again this is just my personal opinion/preference and whilst I guess Audi could have done more and provided the choice of interior, they haven’t, so I guess

1, you put up with it
2, you upgrade it
3, you buy a different vehicle

Best
DD

Most won't dare dabble with alterering interior trim on a new car nor remove OPF/remap ....my point is a £60k plus car shouldn't have a £30k car interior no matter how you stealthily one tip toe's around the matter .....its all got to with what type of interiors you've lived with previously....and yes you can just go and buy another car...like you say.....which l/others could do, l have a
the option to do...without losing a penny.... most on here are bedazzled by it.....wonder if that will continue ...given the 8Y"s gremlin filled electronics another point that isn't mentioned on the RS3 8Y section but look over on the A3/S3 8y section l am just pinpointing the weaker points of the car plus thinking longer term which everyone should do as its a very expensive A3

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 8YARWY
interior quality compare to 8v its poor that for sure ;-)

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not sure where this covo is going. I agree with what you say, BUT
Everyone has a choice, and as I said before if the cons outweigh the pros to the point that it’s bothering you that much then don’t buy the car. I know 2 folks that bought the all singing A45 and one of them posted on a YT thread. Again that’s his opinion, not right or Wrong and also his choice. Life is about choice’s and we make right and wrong choices, and will continue to do so, as that’s human nature
59ad12f1fbcf6d1d86a7deebebc29878.jpg

Reactions: Add_Profile
I test drive one for 1h on my own , its monster car ;-) but i still think its overpriced