Custom Gauges on RMC/MMI Screen

VeeFource

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been meaning to post about this for a while but thought it would be good to test this FIS control unit for a bit too. That's turned out to be a few months but I've not had any issues with it in my S1 and have to say it's absolutely fantastic. It lets you display any 3 parameters the car's capable of outputting from the can gateway in fully customisable gauge form:
IMG 20210705 163429

Here's a picture (when the gauges were more crudely initially set up) at night so you can see the background which is pretty cool:
IMG 20210501 221607

You can also display 8 parameters in table form on multiple pages which you can scroll through using the steering wheel star button:
IMG 20210705 163441

Initially this would only work on the optional MMI 3G+ units with the higher resolution screen but I worked with Stefan who initially developed this product and was mega helpful to get it to work with the standard RMC unit. Other than that I'm in no way affiliated with this, I just really wanted a decent way to have some gauges in the car (particularly oil temp so I know when the engine's warmed up) so I purchased it from these guys: https://turbozentrum.co.uk/FIS-Control-MMI-Audi-A1-8X-Read-Description
They were also really good to deal with and the kit arrived super quick.
All I would say is that it can be a bit involved in setting it all up as you have to configure all the outputs and even the graphics (albeit using ready made templates) yourself. I found it pretty satisfying to do but then I am a right nerd for this sort of thing. This page will give you an idea of what's involved: https://fis-control.de/fis_control_mmi_en.html

You can set it up so it comes on by default at ignition start and to switch between this and your normal RMC/MMI you just press and hold the steering wheel menu button. My car has the reverse parking display enabled (through VCDS) and the FIS controller even knows and allows this to be shown automatically.

In all I'd highly recommend this if you want some modern gauges shown in your A1/S1 :)

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, JohnM100, Baz999fire and 2 others
That mod. looks really good and I’d go for that. Sadly I can just about work my phone, so got no chance of setting that up. Do you know if there’s a company out there that could set it all up ?
Thanks

That mod. looks really good and I’d go for that. Sadly I can just about work my phone, so got no chance of setting that up. Do you know if there’s a company out there that could set it all up ?
Thanks
Would be worth getting in touch with Robert at Turbozentrum to see if they'd set it up for you. If they would then they're based in Manchester so hopefully that's not too far from you

Would be worth getting in touch with Robert at Turbozentrum to see if they'd set it up for you. If they would then they're based in Manchester so hopefully that's not too far from you
Many thanks for the info.
I’m in south London, but would be worth the round trip if it could be done.
Cheers

I've been looking for something like this for ages. If all goes according to plan, I will be in Germany in April and will get one of these delivered to my hotel.

talking of MMIs on the S1 (2017 model) does the screen automatically pop-up/down. on mine it's always up but the screen movement feels like it could be motor driven, if so I need to check the fuse. but wonder if wasting my time as they are not motorised on the S1.

talking of MMIs on the S1 (2017 model) does the screen automatically pop-up/down. on mine it's always up but the screen movement feels like it could be motor driven, if so I need to check the fuse. but wonder if wasting my time as they are not motorised on the S1.
It's not motorized, you can push it down manually until it clicks into the closed position. And then just press down again until it clicks to open it again.:wink:

Reactions: allycooke
I've been looking for something like this for ages. If all goes according to plan, I will be in Germany in April and will get one of these delivered to my hotel.
Good to hear this. I'm still loving this upgrade.

Wonder if anyone else has gone for it yet as well..

I've been keeping an eye on the stock levels, and they don't seem to sell. The MMI version has had 21 in stock since beginning of January.