Custom Rear Seats

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
This was an idea I had last year, and after sourcing some bits was planning on getting it turned into the real deal.

However the idea soon grinded to a halt and bits gathered dusts in the garage.

Then about 3 months ago back and AITP fast approaching I soon realised I had to get them made.

I was overwhelmed when I collected these. My idea turned into reality.
This is how the S3 Rear seats should of left the factory with.

The Blue Alcantara is genuine sourced from another set of rear seats (kept originals).

Totally unique and a one off.....

992aa01a12824656be69f7ad2de35176.jpg
ebd3fc581cd316230bd70a4410693259.jpg
6b4b2b68619652eb456d9071e6043964.jpg
62dd0c781cefa6e4c516143fea0c8df8.jpg
9a15d76178fcbc2945ea8fef2f52e4fb.jpg
5e9c65795f48f585d2aaddae6999e3a2.jpg

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alex C, Method, tomjol and 8 others
What car are they from? I thought about doing the same with a pair of wingbacks but other things to sort 1st

Bases are from a Mk4 Golf Anniversary

Was the armrest In them already ?
Who done them for you if you don’t mind me asking

Last edited:
It's probably done how you wanted it, but it's my OCD kicking in and I feel that the Recaro stitchings on the rear seats are a bit to high in compare to the front seats.

Was the armrest In them already ?
Who done them for you if you don’t mind me asking

The Recaro interior in a MK4 came with the armrest. Picture below is from my previous car, that was a MK4 GTI 20VT.

CopyIMG 20180810 150404

Yeah had a look last night can pick the rear seats up for £35 and my mates dad does car interiors so might get something like this done

It's probably done how you wanted it, but it's my OCD kicking in and I feel that the Recaro stitchings on the rear seats are a bit to high in compare to the front seats.

The Recaro interior in a MK4 came with the armrest. Picture below is from my previous car, that was a MK4 GTI 20VT.

View attachment 163061
Tbh.... I've not noticed the logo positioning in relation to the fronts.
The stitched logo on the rear seats is exactly where it was on the Golfs.
If I had of noticed this beforehand it would of been moved down a line on the leather.

However I'm happy and even though I'm OCD myself I don't think it would bother me.

Now I noticed that you left the middle headrest away, that could have been also a great addition to the rear seats. But you kept it more like the original seats and that's also nice.

Now I noticed that you left the middle headrest away, that could have been also a great addition to the rear seats. But you kept it more like the original seats and that's also nice.
Golf Anniversary seats didn't come with third head rest.
Plus prefer to not restrict view out of rear screen.

Reactions: Tj 0785, tomjol and S3JACKSON
Never got the third headrest thing. How often does anyone have rear seat passengers, never mind three at once?!

ETA: Looks awesome! :thumbs up:

Last edited:
Reactions: mark_S3 and Tj 0785
Never got the third headrest thing. How often does anyone have rear seat passengers, never mind three at once?!

ETA: Looks awesome! :thumbs up:
Cheers Tom...

I'm not fussed about being part of that exclusive third head rest group...

Golf Anniversary seats didn't come with third head rest.
Plus prefer to not restrict view out of rear screen.

I have never had problems with the view in the rear mirror at all and I think it looks nicer also, but that's just a personal opinion.

Very nice with the posh picnic table!!

All I’ve done a simple swap with Bora bum cushions as they actually have buckets in their shape! Looks oem but more comfy