Customised my floor mats !!

Shadowman

Reaction score
I've been looking around for some decent custom car mats for the S3, but they all seem to be a bit naff, and it would be a shame to waste the OE ones, so I had a go myself.

Managed to trim a section of the carpet by pulling out the carpet until I was left with the base of the mat, then used a couple of the S3 grille badges I had lying around in the garage to stick down into the newly made recess.

I like them, and they effectively cost me nothing except my time.....what do you reckon ?

4248879d.jpg

384aa8c7.jpg

63a0b365.jpg

Last edited:
Very smartly done. Nice job. :) x

Nice job mate looks great, also noticed you have a metal plate on the foot rest did that come standard or did you fit that yourself?

i have looked for some oem white/silver trimmed floor mats but can only find the ones with the A3 logo, which are not for me.
Does anyone if you can get hold of these?

Thanks for the comments...the aluminium dead-pedal cover is an aftermarket item that myself and a few others on here have done, so do a search and you should find a few threads for it...basically it just screws onto the existing piece of plastic...you can get them on Ebay

Regarding the silver edging on the mats, that's how they came from the dealers so they should be available, but if not then places like Autostyle will knock up any combination you want.

N8....what can I say mate, I was bored and thought why not have a go.....they turned out alright though eh ?? :yum:

Nice one mate! That looks quite smart and doesn't look like you went at it with the scissors lol
its a shame that Audi dont do the carpets with the s3 logo as they do the a3 one... Mind you they aren't cheap as they are

Thanks....I had my heart in my mouth when I started I can tell you.!!..Apparently they come up on the EBay Germany site with the S3 motif and are OE ocassionally, but they are rarer than Rocking Horse poo and personally I didn't like the ones I had seen....that's why I did this but if someone manufactured them in the UK I'd bet there are loads of people who'd buy them !!

i have looked for some oem white/silver trimmed floor mats but can only find the ones with the A3 logo, which are not for me.
Does anyone if you can get hold of these?

When you spec a new S-line/S3 etc you can choose either black or silver stitching for the seats, steering wheel, gear gator etc - you get mats with black surround if you order black stitching and mats with silver surround if you spec silver stitching.
So I am guessing dealer would be able to supply you with these?