Cyclists

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
So on my way home yesterday, a cyclist who was obviously in a rush, was weaving in and out of the traffic like there was no tomorrow, riding in the middle of two lanes at considerable speed and at one point just missed me as i never expected a bike to zoom past me in between the traffic, always thought they did it on the inside....anyway I digress, I carried on driving thinking he is riding like a complete and utter fool and low and behold just further up, i approach standstill traffic, with him flung off his bike between two lanes where someone has just hit him!!!!

Idiot!!!

I have the utmost respect for other road users, especially cyclists but when they do things like this they give others a bad name and bring it upon themselves!!

They're fools sometimes & seem to think they're ****** invincible.

Provide them with cycle lanes & they still weave down the middle of the road like the lanes are for Happy Campers only. :(

good shot i say

Reactions: Benjiman46
old men in lycra jumping red lights on their road bikes = fair game i think to cars i just need some bull bars to protect my paintwork

Reactions: Benjiman46
Yes, they are all going to be growing some sideburns and cycling like ****ing idiots pretending to be Wiggo. I think I am going to get one of those cameras put into the car to film them as they "hit me".

Totally agree with everyone here... I had a similar experience!

I was tanking down my favourite stretch of country road the other day in my (rather loud) S3, and turned the corner to see no less than 50 old men in spand-ex weaving all over ALL of the road on their clicking, clacking pieces of environmental friendly sh*te , so I slowed down to a crawl behind them, and they just completely ignored me! So I gave it a little rev... Nothing. A little, friendly "pip pip"... Nothing. So I got very close and very annoyed and simply leant on the horn... Gave it some BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

About 5 of them stopped dead, a couple gave me the finger, then finally moved out the way like parting the waves.

Are they stupid, or just think they're the most important people on the road? I'm pretty sure the highway code states that multiple bikes have to ride single file?...

I am a cyclist but mtb not having me all clad in Lycra (not in public anyway...again) :)

I'm pretty sure the highway code states that multiple bikes have to ride single file?...
I always assumed that,it's more than two abreast which isn't legal though.

just to add another to this is pikeys in horse drawn buggies!

Almost had a head on with some of them the other week as on my way to the south cetral meet in the new forest and on a 40mph single lane road there must of been 70 of them supported by monkeys hanging out of transit vans shouting and waving so of course they try to overtake each other (cos their cool) on blind bends and in dips where you can see over the hill. So theres me tootling along at the speed limit (or a lilttle above) only to have to slam on the brakes to avoid a head on as they are on my side of the road. Now i dont mind taking out the pikey as such but i like animals and its not the horses fault its been tied to a pikey (probably the reason its going so fast as its trying to get away from them!). Plus to top it off this must of happened about 6 times in a couple of miles and they all hurled massive amounts of abuse at me cos i was on "their" road. TW4Ts!

Rant over phew

Oh and why cant hot women get dressed up in lycra (ala beach volleyball) and go cycling as i wouldnt mind being held up behind that as thats a view i can appreciate!

I am a cyclist and a car user like many on here I would imagine. We probably all occassionally fit into the 'idiot' category on a bike or in a car - but let's not forget sometimes it's about the perspective that we see things from aswell. For me the bottom line is we are all responsible for our own behaviour and adherance to the law on foot, riding a bike, riding a horse or driving a vehicle. Some car drivers see other car drivers as idiots so maybe we are often judging others by our own misguided standards of what is right or wrong. Many road users, cyclists included, couldn't care less about anyone else and won't change their behaviour at all and will often be quite selfish and sometimes intimidating. In my opinion that's not about the form of transport it's about the person.

I lost my licence for speeding many years ago (fortunately only a 2 week ban with a BIG fine) but it taught me a lot about being a bit more tolerant, how valuable my licence and life was, planning my journeys better and generally not getting as stressed about others on the road. And this was probably the best thing that could have happened to me as I enjoy driving so much more and in a different way as a result.

Martin

Reactions: TonyH38
Well said Martin!

We have to understand that these are only a handful of Cyclists, and that the majority don't get in our way or do anything silly! The main thing for me is, I will not overtake them unless I have plenty of room to give them whilst making a pass! Bike vs Car, the car is going to win 99% of the time!

Safe driving peeps. :racer:

+1 for Martin's comments

I cycle - a lot. I do 200 miles a week just getting to and from work. I also cycled the entire route of the Tour de France 1 week ahead of the real race - so I beat Wiggo by a whole week - he can't be that good :p. I've covered over 7000 miles on the bike so far this year - which is a lot more than I've driven.

There are idiots in cars, there are idiots on bikes. I've been knocked off more times than I would like to have been including losing all my upper front teeth courtesy of a car driver. I've seen others on bikes do things that are just asking for trouble. I don't run red lights. I don't ride on the pavements. I don't use cycle lanes unless they are a completely separate lane from pedestrians as it's not safe to be doing 20mph on the pavement. I only filter around traffic - and I do go either side whichever is safest -if the traffic is stationary. As soon as cars start to move, I hold my place in the queue.

I'd rather arrive 5 minutes later alive than try to get there 5 minutes earlier and not make it.

Late arrival to the conversation, but not worth starting a new thread just to blow off some steam.

I shake my fist at all you effing beanbag cyclists who like to like pick and choose what kind of traffic they are on a whim...

*cyclist riding in the middle of lane*
"Respect me as a vehicle on the road, you car driving b@stards!"
*approach red light*
"Ha ha, check me out suckers... now I am a pedestrian!"
*fly across intersection using the adjacent pedestrian crossing and then swerve back into the road on the other side*
"OK, everybody back off, I have decided I am a vehicle again now!"

:banghead:

Another great extension of this attitude is "I am a vehicle in the eyes of the law, and god-dammit I am going to pull out in front of you if I ****** well want to, and despite having terribly misjudged my ability to accelerate out of the way, you had better not honk me just because you had to emergency brake so as not to make a horrible mess on the road"

And breeeeathe... :)

Cyclists can ride no-more than 2 side-by-side, providing it is a wide safe road. Where I live, we have neither of those but still get groups of them thinking they are in the peleton of the TDF! Come close to skittling some over on more than one occasion.
I do alot of cycling myself, and always if I have to ride on the road I am as near to the curb as possible and checking over my shoulder. Wearing earphones is a no-no, I don't know how they can know what's going on!

Cyclists can ride no-more than 2 side-by-side, providing it is a wide safe road. Where I live, we have neither of those but still get groups of them thinking they are in the peleton of the TDF! Come close to skittling some over on more than one occasion.I do alot of cycling myself, and always if I have to ride on the road I am as near to the curb as possible and checking over my shoulder. Wearing earphones is a no-no, I don't know how they can know what's going on!

cyclists dont pay road tax!
we (the motorist) do, thus hence its ours (the road)
cyclists may borrow it i suppose and this is not a problem, but when they act like they have more right on it than you, then it gets a tad annoying!
i suppose as they dont leave droppings behind there a bit better than horsey people! but if it is raining i do like splashing them in big puddles! :ninja:

Last edited:
I'm having to cycle at the moment and there are total morons both in the driver and cyclist camps. I have to say right now I'm very pro bicycle. Not sure why...

1701945849.jpg

Oh yes, just remembered ;)

:sign_unfair:

Not all cyclists are pains in the rear end on the roads, but as with everything in life, the few that are give us all a bad name...

We have a group of 100 cyclists who meet at 12 for a nooner. we often ride 50-70 at a time. One day a few noobs join us and **** off a woman driving a convertible sportscar. She drives away on a long road and we continue on our merry way while scolding the two noobs. Around a corner, we see two police cars in barricade style. 60 bikes come to a complete stop. In front of the police cars stands the woman in the convertible. We come to find out that she is indeed the mayor of the town we ride through everyday. 90 minutes later, we all get back on our bikes with each a ticket in hand. the two noobs walked as their spokes were reprimanded for their bad behavior! I have to agree that a few always ruin it for the many

No offense to the above beautiful cyclist but I prefer

cyclists dont pay road tax!
we (the motorist) do, thus hence its ours (the road)
cyclists may borrow it i suppose and this is not a problem, but when they act like they have more right on it than you, then it gets a tad annoying!
i suppose as they dont leave droppings behind there a bit better than horsey people! but if it is raining i do like splashing them in big puddles! :ninja:

Car drivers pay road tax so they own the road? What planet are you living on? On Earth, 'road tax' just goes into the big tax pool and not 'on the roads' so non road-tax payers pay for the roads too. I actually have two cars so I guess I must 'own the road' twice as much as other people?

I cycle a lot, it keeps me fit and trim and stops me looking like the fat f***s I see sitting in traffic jams.

Car drivers pay road tax so they own the road? What planet are you living on? On Earth, 'road tax' just goes into the big tax pool and not 'on the roads' so non road-tax payers pay for the roads too. I actually have two cars so I guess I must 'own the road' twice as much as other people?

I cycle a lot, it keeps me fit and trim and stops me looking like the fat f***s I see sitting in traffic jams.
WHOOooooOOO.....:lmfao:

I don't wish to sound picky but is 'road tax' an outdated term as they realised that people who pay it may think they own it ?

yes you do!
and obviously have twice as much to winge about!

i am not anti cyclist, i just dont like them on the road much, i have one but i use it off road where its out of harms way!
here it is

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't wish to sound picky but is 'road tax' an outdated term as they realised that people who pay it may think they own it ?

Very outdated...

Since 1937 there has been no direct relationship between the tax and government expenditure on public roads

Thats why its a game of Russian roulette if your alloys are still round from all the bleeding pot holes every time you venture out!!

Had this on the way to work today: old fart on a bike, about to pass him giving a good 4+ feet of space, gentle curve in the road, he sweeps out into the centre of the lane where I'm passing him. And he had the nerve to curse when I informed him of my presence with a touch of the horn. Grrrrrrr

Cyclists are fine.

Right up until you are on a narrow road and lots of oncoming traffic.

And if they ride in a pair, as one of them always hogs the middle of the road.

And when you are at traffic lights, and they squeeze through all the traffic to get to the front. If you are that cyclist, you really annoy me. I have already patiently overtaken you, and now you squeeze past me and make me do it again.

What do I do - I own, tax and insure 3 cars, yet I cycle more than I drive (9364 miles so far this year) :think:

I tax four cars, which means I own more of the road than you Jase! So I demand you only use your bike in France, preferably without doping! :moa:

Reactions: jcs356
I've got no problem with anyone who uses the road with respect. I live in the countryside so encounter lots of saddle jockeys and the majority of them are considerate users. However cyclists who are weaving all over the road while I'm trying to pass them safely will get shouted at! The main problem I've seen recently is motorists overtaking cyclists on blind corners. In a single week I had to throw the anchor out no less than 4 times as oncoming traffic were fully on my side of the road whilst overtaking cyclists. The bit that annoys me is that you wouldn't consider overtaking a car at these points in the road so why is it acceptable to cross on to the opposite of the road on a blind corner to pass a bike? Motorists are just as capable of being stupid as a cyclist, the only difference is an idiot cyclist will kill themselves with stupidity, an idiot motorist will kill others.

Some of the cyclists you get in London drive me up the wall, obviously you have the respectable and not so but like with most things the bad bunch stand out like a sore thumb, I've lost count the amount of times they run reds and that's when you've got big groups of commuters walking out (some who can be massive pr**ks) but it's just the cheek these cyclists have, most of them seem to be studenty types but they're so ****** annoying - get the odd one who rides on the already busy pavements....I wonder if some people have any common sense at all