D3S: LED or standard

tcardio

Reaction score
I have Phillips Extreme 5000K. I like them and they have adequate light output but was wondering if anyone has the D3S bulbs in LED form and what the opinions are. Are they brighter or spread wider or farther?

Are these Xtreme Vision you're running? What gen? 1 or 2?
I was considering the 1st gen but went with Osram CBI's indstead

Running same bulb fitment as you but it is also depended on lenses in headlamps

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

what a plonker I am. No swots and boffins here. What I really want to ask is has anyone changed their D3S HID bulbs with LED bulbs?

I haven't replaced the Xenons in my S3 with LED bulbs as I don't know if they will be compatible with the balasts, but I did replace the stock bulbs with a whiter Xenon bulb.
I was nearly put off by the price but the reviews made me give them a go. I'm glad I did, the light on the road is very good and they have an LED style whiteness to them.
I can't post a link to them, but if you go to amazon and paste this in to the search bar, you will see what I have.
Win Power 35W D2S D2R HID Xenon White Replacement Low/High Beam Headlight Bulbs 4300K 6000K 8000K,Pack of 2 (6000K)

Reactions: tcardio
LED bulbs presumably would skip the ballasts and have their own voltage regulator and cooling.
I would be interested to know also as the HID warm up time is annoying!

LED bulbs presumably would skip the ballasts and have their own voltage regulator and cooling.
I would be interested to know also as the HID warm up time is annoying!
You could be right, but I think from memory that the headlight harness plugs into the headlight unit and the power is split to all bulbs and indicators.
I'm not sure how you could cut out the ballasts and keep the other bulbs working, unless i'm missing something obvious?

You could be right, but I think from memory that the headlight harness plugs into the headlight unit and the power is split to all bulbs and indicators.
I'm not sure how you could cut out the ballasts and keep the other bulbs working, unless i'm missing something obvious?

Ah, that’s because unlike you I have an aftermarket setup with projectors supplied by @t8ups and I have the plain old power supply that currently goes to a 3rd party ballast. I guess my setup is more flexible from that perspective

Reactions: ch1z64
Ah, that’s because unlike you I have an aftermarket setup with projectors supplied by @t8ups and I have the plain old power supply that currently goes to a 3rd party ballast. I guess my setup is more flexible from that perspective
I guess paying that money to @t8ups to get that set up was money well spent @maxpayne and now your reaping the benefit , :thumbs up::thumbs up: