DA advice please

S32B

Reaction score
Hi, thinking about getting a DA mainly to remove light scratches from the car and also to use for polishing. I don't fancy using anything that cuts at least until I'm used to using a DA, I've never used one before and I was looking at this http://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/acc...l-deltaylo-electric-dual-action-polisher.html

Then I looked at the pads...2 pages of them! Which one would be the best to go for? I've recently bought some Poorboys Black hole so it will be used for that.

Thanks

That's the same one I have. Great machine. I use three different pads. Hexalogic Blue, Megs Black and Megs Yellow. The black and blue are finishing pads and the yellow is a light cut pad. Rule of thumb! Use the least abrasive combination of pad and polish to get the job done. If you damage the paint with that DA I'd be flabbergasted. Good luck.
I put PB Blackhole on my last car with the Black finishing pad on the lowest setting. Overlapping passes till the product was worked in.

OK cheers for that. Am I over worrying about using a DA??? Panicking thinking if I go over the same area too much I'll mess the paint up! Can you go straight over creases/stylines/curves, or do you just go up to them? Saw a review and they said to keep it 100% flat at all times.

Will the Blackhole cover minor scratches well when used with the DA and the black pad? When you say worked in should it be 100% clear before you buff with a MF cloth?

TY again.

I use a das6 pro even professionally and I love it,

You won't damage or burn your paint with a DA. The head osilates so that it moves around instead of just spinning.
You should circle your product round the pad from inside out and then work half a panel or half the bonnet at a time making as many overlapping passes as you see fit and then buff off with a clean MF.
Blackhole will mask minor imperfections and you can build up the layer once you've buffed it off. Another way to prolong its abilities is to top it with a good wax. Anything from Colinite to Megs! Whatever you feel comfortable with.
This is my old Insignia polished with Meg Ultimate Compound, topped with Blackhole and then CG Butterwet Wax.

Reactions: scotty76
OK cheers for that much appreciated ;) I may wait until after the holidays now....Scotland in June for a week and then Cornwall in July for a week, so no doubt I'll pick up some marks :( I'll still be off for two weeks after Cornwall so plenty of time to clean the car then ;)

I used Farecla G3 when I first got the car with good results:

img_1708-jpg.57037

Reactions: Bandicoot51
Jesus youve got your military shine on there, astounding finish

I would recommend the dad 6 pro. I bought one last year and did a lot of work on my girlfriends kuga. I was really pleased with the job it did. Like others have said you won't burn or damage the paint work with it owing to the oscillating head. You would have to do something incredibly stupid like putting maximum pressure on to a spot for 10 minutes plus to cause any damage.

Black hole is a glaze and it will fill minor imperfections but you will need to seal it in otherwise it will be gone pretty quickly and the scratches will re appear.

I wouldn't panic about using it to repair work and remove scratches, that's exactly what I did and I was really pleased with the outcome. Clean your car have a good offer on a das6 pro that you can get with pads and polish included. I got the sonus pads with menzerna Polish (which seemed really good).

If you want some advice on polishing with a DA check out this link, it's excellent advice.

He has a series of other videos on you tube, just search for junk man polishing advice

Drying technique with water? I've not seen that, don't suppose you have a link do you?

Can you wait for Waxstock 2015?
http://www.waxstock.com/
Its only next month. You get to try various polishers, pick the one that suits your needs including your pocket. Lots of advice and all at show prices. Its only in July so worth the wait.

Reactions: Scottyg
Im also looking at getting a da polisher but not sure what to get so this threads quite handy :) i have a sprint blue s3 which needs to lose its swirl marks:( will a da get rid of them? Been looking at autoglym paint pro kits ?!!

A DA (Das Pro 6 or the like) coupled with a light cut pad and some Megs Ultimate compound will get your swirls out. However, you need to prep the paintwork thoroughly. Claying is essential if you want to remove and not add more. There's all sorts of fall out products out there that personally I've never used. Always fully clayed the car before touching it with the DA. Never used IronX or the like. Unless your car is covered in tar a clay bar will strip most stuff off and leave a glass like surface to start your polishing. Just remember to seal the paint well after use.

No worries. Junkman on YouTube is great for showing how things are done and Detailing World will answer every question you can think of.

Good prep is absolutely essential. You'll definitely get the swirls out with a das6 pro. I did it last year with on my girlfriends kuga. It's then a good idea to maybe apply a sealant to help protect the vehicle, you can't keep repeatedly macjhine polishing a car, although with a DA machine you would probably get away doing it a few times

Reactions: Jay-a3
you can't keep repeatedly macjhine polishing a car, although with a DA machine you would probably get away doing it a few times

Is this only if you were using a cutting compound? If you were using a polish such as SRP or Poorboys black hole would you be OK time after time?

OK cheers dude ;) thought it would be the case, but always best to check :)

Reactions: Scottyg
Is this only if you were using a cutting compound? If you were using a polish such as SRP or Poorboys black hole would you be OK time after time?

Yeah, SRP and Poorboys are just fillers. Never used SRP on a machine so I'd be intrigued with the results. As long as you're not using something that cuts you'd be fine, just as Scotty says