DA polisher

24styles

#teamsolar
Reaction score
Gonna buy a da polisher and give it ago for the first time, any reccomendations on which da's to go for? Possibly a light weight one?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Go far a Das 6 pro model, very easy to use and you can't do too much damage with them. ALWAYS start with the least aggressive pad/compound combination.

Reactions: batch, 24styles, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
As above. Easy piece of kit to use. I'd buy a smaller backing plate as they come with a 7 inch one I believe, mines did. 4 inch allows you to work easier round all the car. Hexalogic pads are my choice, although, the Megs black finishing pad is very good as well.

Reactions: 24styles and Rob2k68
I'm going to sound like an echo now but yeah for a fist DA the DAS 6 PRO is an excellent choice. I always recommend this kit as its what I started out with and has saved numerous visits to body shops :-

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...pro-autofinesse-revitalise-kit/prod_1150.html

As Scotty has said getting the smaller backing plate that takes 4" pads as opposed to 6" is also a wise move Auto Finesse also do smaller versions of the same pads.

Reactions: 24styles and Scottyg
That kit looks like the one for me then!!! Will any brand 4" backing plate fit?

Thanks lads!

Yeah, they tend to. When you buy pads they will have an option to buy backing plates with them. They're just screw in and out to change.

Reactions: sliced, 24styles and Rob2k68
+1 for the das6 pro.
Had mine for about 3 years. Excellent bit of kit!

Reactions: 24styles and Rob2k68
If using on Audi/VW paint, it may be worthwhile considering Menzerna polishes, such as this:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

I have personally found that they work better on "usually" hard German paint - & I say usually because, as has been pointed out before, you should always start with the least aggressive combination, as not every Audi has hard paint. I personally found the AF kit to be alright, but the Menzerna much better. This is of course a totally personal preference and I am not trying to say that Rob2K68 is wrong. We all have our own preferences.

If using on Audi/VW paint, it may be worthwhile considering Menzerna polishes, such as this:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

I have personally found that they work better on "usually" hard German paint - & I say usually because, as has been pointed out before, you should always start with the least aggressive combination, as not every Audi has hard paint. I personally found the AF kit to be alright, but the Menzerna much better. This is of course a totally personal preference and I am not trying to say that Rob2K68 is wrong. We all have our own preferences.

You're absolutely right it is very personal and I'm no detailing pro by any means just dabbled over a fair few years but have tended not to mix and match pads and compounds like the more adventurous.

Audi's metallics are quite hard paints the white A4 Avant the wife had was like trying to polish enamel !

For the OP I think the Solar Orange is not lacquered and therefore may be a softer paint ?

And i do have a cupboard full of auto finesse products, so it would be wrong not to give ther stuff ago with a da :box::friends:

DAS-6 Pro for me as well, I've gone down the Menzerna route and so far it has been excellent. I haven't tried it on the S3 yet but I've done a Merc, Mini and a Vauxhall van with amazing results

Totally agree mate.

Found that Sepang is pretty hard.....car has just a few stonechips in 14 months.

Wifes 3 month old Nano Grey A1 is a different story. Covered in chips. Must be very soft paint or lacquer on nano grey!