DAB has disappeared

CHRS3

Reaction score
Got in my car last weekend and the DAB function has completely disappeared? It’s no longer in the waveband it’s like my car never had DAB? I had 1 saved station but when I click it there was no sound I couldn’t adjust the volume as when I tried to it said currently unavailable? I tried a 3 button reset but it’s still missing.

I tried searching and saw a couple threads where people had similar most said it just came back sometimes and some mentioned a fix but never actually said what it was? I’ve had the car just over a year now and never lost the DAB before so unsure what’s happened.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Car is a 2016 RS3 for reference.

First thing to check is to unplug any phone chargers or recently installed devices (dashcams particularly) - the cheap power supplies in these are notorious for generating wideband radio frequency interference that can knock out DAB signals.

First thing to check is to unplug any phone chargers or recently installed devices (dashcams particularly) - the cheap power supplies in these are notorious for generating wideband radio frequency interference that can knock out DAB signals.

No phone charger plugged in and no dashcam etc installed buddy. It’s not that there’s no signal, it’s the DAB has completely disappeared from my car it’s no where to be found. It’s no longer an option in the waveband section.

No phone charger plugged in and no dashcam etc installed buddy. It’s not that there’s no signal, it’s the DAB has completely disappeared from my car it’s no where to be found. It’s no longer an option in the waveband section.
There was a thread on the same topic last Wednesday. Read it through and you may well find the answer to your problem.

There was a thread on the same topic last Wednesday. Read it through and you may well find the answer to your problem.

Which part of the forum? I’ve searched and nothing recent has came up.

It was on 2nd October in this forum. Thread title was:

DAB disappeared PFL​

you should be able to find it easily

Possibly shark fin antenna has gone kaput. Had something similar in a6 and water got in the aerial and corroded the insides.

Possibly shark fin antenna has gone kaput. Had something similar in a6 and water got in the aerial and corroded the insides.

Did the DAB option completely disappear from your waveband when that happened mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAB was there but no reception to any station.

Reactions: CHRS3
Factory reset the MMI?
And then, if I recall correctly, there's a factory reset in the MMI options.

Factory reset the MMI?
And then, if I recall correctly, there's a factory reset in the MMI options.

I’ve done a 3 button reset and also factory reset the MMI too still won’t show up :(

Back to the dealer mate, it's a sofewear issue. My last car did it & Audi sorted it.

How much did they charge? I’ve seen different stories from the dealer from just a software update which was free as they knew about the issue, to full recoding and MMI replacement at 2k+ cost.

Had this happen on my 2015 S3 and it was a software patch. One of the forum members @DJalex sorted it for me

Reactions: RS3 S.
Had this happen on my 2015 S3 and it was a software patch. One of the forum members @DJalex sorted it for me

When it happened on yours did it never come back or sometimes come back randomly? Was it expensive to have sorted? I know he’s based down South and im from north east it’s quite a travel.

When it happened on yours did it never come back or sometimes come back randomly? Was it expensive to have sorted? I know he’s based down South and im from north east it’s quite a travel.

When it happened, it just disappeared and never came back. From memory the fix was only about £25 and just involved inserting a memory card containing the patch. Was really quick.

Maybe it could be done remotely?

Sorry to bump this thread, anyone know what the software update is to tell the dealers as my local has looked up and said no outstanding updates needed for my vehicle.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk